Author Topic: O'Hagans Mullindarragh  (Read 9561 times)

Offline Penny55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: O'Hagans Mullindarragh
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 September 15 20:08 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is Penny, I think i am related to Josephine O'Hagan, my Grandmother. Did she have twin boys in 1943 named John and Sidney Hills? Sidney is my father, but I never knew him. If she did then I have the right o'Hagans. i am from Wallasey, Cheshire.

Offline ozlady

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Ex-South Wales. Down Under in Brisbane, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 10 November 15 02:27 GMT (UK) »
In 1901 Census, Ireland, James and Catherine O'Hagan are at Mullinadarragha with sons Patrick and John. In 1911, they;re still there with son John, daughter-in-law Mary and grandchildren Katie and Mary A. They are listed on this census as Hagan. The other son, Patrick, has married Anna Maria Reilly and moved to Drumderglin and he too is listed as Hagan. I'm afraid I don't have much more than that. There's a bit of a mix-up somewhere as James and Catherine (nee Brady) are alive in 1911.
Watkins, Price Herefordshire
Brannan, Price, GLAM
Edwards, Gardner MON
Clark(e) SOM
 Census information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 November 15 07:15 GMT (UK) »
The link is

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Leitrim/Carrigallen_West/Mullanadarragh/658400/

saves other people's time having to go looking for it.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Online sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 10 November 15 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Message to Ozlady, can you please check your private messages. We have been having problems notifying you of new replies to your posts.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Penny55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 10 November 15 14:33 GMT (UK) »
I think there has been a mix up with an Edward Francis O'Hagan and a Terrence Edward O'Hagan, both spent time in Liverpool. I think James and Catherine are the parents of Terrence. From my research there is no sign of Edward Francis, (Josephine's father) in the 1901 census, I have Josephine's birth cert. which shows she wasn't born until Sept. 1901 after the 1901 census was taken, but the family are there in 1911 living in Cheshire, Edward, his wife Annie and 3 children including Josephine. The 1911 census shows Edward O'Hagan was born in Salford, Manchester in 1870. The 1871 census shows Edward aged 0 in Port of Glasgow, (named spelt 'Hagen') with his older brother, 2 sisters and his mother and father named James and Ellen. In 1881 the census show the family are now in Dorset and it shows James and Ellen had another child in 1877 born in Ireland, as the rest of family are, apart from Edward who was born in Manchester. I think there is a possibility that our James O'Hagan who was married to Ellen where from County Armagh. There is birth certs on Find My Past matching all of Edward's brothers and sisters and a death cert for James in County Armagh, but I am not 100% sure. My next step is to apply to Salford for Edward's birth cert.

I think Stephen who posted on here, who appears to be my cousin has two families mixed up.

Thank you for your reply. Once I receive conformation of Edward's parents I will come and post the info.