Author Topic: William NICHOLLS & Hera Te WHAKAAWA  (Read 29659 times)

Offline anitawanita

• RootsChat Member
  • We are all related somehow!
    • View Profile
Re: William NICHOLLS & Hera Te WHAKAAWA
« Reply #72 on: Sunday 26 November 17 23:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Not sure if this website is still fully functioning, but interesting to see all the chat here re. my ancestors.
I am the great-granddaughter of Lilla May Dearle, whose grandmother was Hera Te Whakaawa.
Her uncle was James Ponui Nicholls.
Always happy to discuss or answer any questions.
I was very close to my grandmother who started our family history interest in the 1970s and only died a few years ago at almost 94.

Cheers,
Carlene Hond (born Dickie)

Hi Carlene,

Lovely to hear from you and learn about Lilla's branch of the family.

Myself and some other cousins are always looking for photographs or portraits of the family. As yet we have never seen one of James Ponui Nicholls. I do recall seeing a lovely photo of Lilla though.

Did you attend or hear about the Whanau gathering on Matakana Island in January this year?

Cheers,
Anita

Ps feel free to private message me if you would like my email address :)
Manning, Guildford/Guilford, Love, McEneany, Bernard, Aislabie, Potter, Cain/Kean, West, Ross, Nicholls, Dearle, Rogers, Howard, Fergusson, Raynor, Butler, Bland, Smart, Greig, de Almeida (Azores)...

Offline cjhond

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William NICHOLLS & Hera Te WHAKAAWA
« Reply #73 on: Monday 27 November 17 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anothergenie

I am also connected to William Nicholls and Te Whakaawa through their daughter Alice Grey Nicholls who married Charles John Dearle

I found some family photos this week which is very exciting!!

Do you have any photos of William and his family?

Will send you a private message with my email as I would love to chat to you further about the family and trade info :)

If anyone else would like copies of the photos please contact me via PM

Cheers,
Anita
Te Pere; Grogan; McNeil; Dickie; Te Whakaawa; Nicholls/Nikora; Dearle; Rickards; McGowan