Author Topic: help finding marriage please  (Read 6161 times)

Offline eilidh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: help finding marriage please
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 03 January 12 00:03 GMT (UK) »
Apologies Gerry and Sue,

Strange I didnt get an email notification of your postings, I have only just logged into RC so many thanks.

Yes I now believe that Colin and Daisy didnt marry until much later (if in fact they did).  I was very interested to see that Vincent Francis Jones was in Cairns, will have to delve a little further.

Yes I did find the possible birth and article in Trove :)

Both Colin and Daisy died in Brisbane - Colin Henry Biggin 4th March 1993 aged 85 years and Daisy Florence Biggin four months later on 16th July 1993 also aged 85 years.

Once again I really appreciate all your assistance, from nothing to all this information  :)

bye E

CATER, Braintree, Colchester & Leek
CHIVAS, Fraserburgh Scotland, Canada, USA
DIGBY, Braintree, Colchester, Essex
DONALDSON, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Canada, USA
McKIE, Kirkudbright,Wigton, Whithorn
PICKERING, Leek, Staffordshire
SHALLCROSS, Leek, Staffordshire
STONEHEWER, Leek, Staffordshire
TIDESWELL, Leek, Staffordshire
VERNON, Leek, Staffordshire
WALKER, Holywood

Offline JackieBiggin

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 29 April 14 13:07 BST (UK) »
I am Colin and Daisy's younger child Jacqueline born in 1946 and can probably help you with missing details. Colin and Daisy raised the 5 children from Daisy' first marriage and had Thomas and myself. As far as I know I am the only surviving child. I only had personal contact with Vincent David, Lesley John and Fay from Daisy's first marriage.  I still have close contact with Fay and Les' children. My understanding is that Daisy and Colin were unable to contact Vincent Jones or find out his whereabouts until about 1975-76. My understanding is that they traced him eventually to Charters Towers and found that he had died.  They then married about 1975-76 in Coffs Harbour and their witnesses were Colin's brother Alan and Alan's wife, Edna. I still have contact with Alan's son, also named Alan. Colin and Daisy were loving caring parents and are sorely missed. God bless them both. Hope this helps. Jackie

Offline Cheryl Biggin

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 06:06 BST (UK) »
I am Thomas Heywoods daughter no 5 of 6 girls. Daisy  and Colin only married after my father had a catastrophic car accident in 1972 where he lost the front lobes of his brain. They took over care of him after my mother devorced him . Leaving his 6 children destitute never to receive any bdy cards or xmas cards ever. No support for his children . I only met Jackie biggin Martin after my fathers death. Daisy's  children from Jones marrige were in childrens homes in there childhood..