Author Topic: St Michaels Garston Liverpool  (Read 20169 times)

Offline Rammy Jack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
St Michaels Garston Liverpool
« on: Wednesday 04 January 12 11:16 GMT (UK) »
I'm researching my ancestors in Garston Liverpool and according to a newspaper cutting from September 1881 I find that my great great grandfather (Allan Prophet) was buried in a family grave in St Michaels churchyard in Garston. He was born about 1796.
There is an email contact for the church, but I can't get a response. Obviously being a family grave it suggests there are more of my ancestors buried in the plot, which I would be delighted to find out about.
Can anyone advise me please.

Offline mosiefish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: St Michaels Garston Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 January 12 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, I can`t help with the grave plots, but the following are the Prophets buried at St. Michael Garston.  The dates are the burial dates.

St Michael Garston
Allen Prophet, King Street, Garston, 6th September, 1881 aged 85
Elizabeth Prophet, King Street, Garston, 15th December, 1878 aged 45
James Prophet, 62 King Street, Garston, 21st August, 1900 aged 66
Mary Jane Prophet, King Street, Garston, 4th July, 1897 aged 62
Jane Prophet, King Street, 2nd May, 1886 aged 28
Harriet Keef Prophet, 54 York Street, Garston, 5th February, 1874 aged 4 months
John Prophet, 15th August, 1955 aged 79
John William Prophet, 72 Byron Street, Garston, 14th December, 1892 aged 6 months
Harriet Prophet, 19 Ultonia Street, 21st April, 1968 aged 65
John Prophet,  68 Saunby Street, Garston, 14th November,  1906 aged 22 months
William Prophet, 70 Shakespeare Street, Garston, 22nd September, 1906 aged 1 month

Mo
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancs: Harrison, Entwistle, Devine, Grundy, Ashworth, Freeman, Jackson, Rushton
Cornwall: Rich, Binney, Peak(e)
Devon: Martin, Walter(s)

Offline Rammy Jack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 January 12 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Wow - thanks Mo - you've got half of my ancestors at one fell swoop I'm well impressed and very thankful.
Dare I ask how you managed to get the info - I've been trying to track this down for ages without success.
Thanks again .......... big smile.

Offline mosiefish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 January 12 18:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Berry,

They are available online via Ancestry and also family search have them indexed without the addresses and ages. https://www.familysearch.org/

Regards,
Mo
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancs: Harrison, Entwistle, Devine, Grundy, Ashworth, Freeman, Jackson, Rushton
Cornwall: Rich, Binney, Peak(e)
Devon: Martin, Walter(s)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 05 January 12 12:36 GMT (UK) »
Hiya....St Michaels is my family church and I live in Garston ..my family have been here since 1870......very windy today...I am retired and will have a look for you when the weather improves...it will give me something to do ....tomorrow is market day and the market is at the back of the church so weather permitting,I will see what I can come up with ...PM me a mobile number and I will send you a photo of any Prophet gravestones ..
 ;)....allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 05 January 12 13:15 GMT (UK) »
Allen Keef Prophet christened 5th sep 1869 - father John Prophet / mother Mary Jane is the earliest Prophet record I can find in Garston...do you have any earlier ?....allan
ADDED...John Prophet married Mary Jane Franklin in june qtr 1869 at st michaels, Garston ( this came under Wavertree register office )
www.lancashirebmd.org.uk  so...I would think that Mary Jane Franklin was living in Garston ....census states she was born in Liverpool 1849...let me see if I can find her ....she should be in Garston in 1861 census with a little luck
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 05 January 12 16:26 GMT (UK) »
The 1871 census shows Allen bn in Northwich Cheshire living with his son James aged  40 also born Northwich. maes's wife Elizabeth was born in Warrington. james is a licenced victualler. Allen is listed as lab.

The 1841 has Allen in Leftwich (next to Northwich) Cheshire. He is a shoemaker aged 40 with wife Jane 35 and Ann 15, James 10 and Allen 5. All born in Cheshire

By 1851 only Allen aged 49 and Jane aged 48 in the family home leftwich. Allen a waterman.

1861 Allen a lodger with William and Elizabeth Bolton in Toxteth park. Elizabethwas born Northwich so may be relalated. Allen widowed and a labourer.

Gibel

Offline Rammy Jack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 05 January 12 16:46 GMT (UK) »
It's all building up very well. My great grandfather was the licenced victuallerat the Victoria for quite a few years. I'll try and absorb all this good information and thanks very much.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 05 January 12 17:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Gibel....that`s a great help....somehow I had a feeling that they had come around the year of 1869 ..and Mary Franklin was the Garston family
Berry....your great grandfather must have been an extremely hard man ..to run the Vic 130 years ago...it was (and still is ) a dockside town..the last dock on the south of the Liverpool docks...a rough / tough area - sailors everywhere - it took a certain type of man to run a pub in an area like that......allan