Author Topic: Trinidad Street  (Read 5546 times)

Offline Oldbarber

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad Street
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 March 15 11:03 GMT (UK) »
Both my grandparents and great aunt lived in Trinidad Street. my great aunt lived in Railway Cottages and my grandparents lived in one of the large semi detached house at the end of the street. The street was situated Just past the level crossing on the right hand side. If you want to know more please ask. I used to go and visit my grandparents every school summer holiday so have a  great deal of knowledge of the street. I was christened at the fisherman,s chapel in Hessle road. Which is the church used for the sad loss of the crew of the trawler the Gaul.

Offline Andrew Jennings

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 06 March 15 19:48 GMT (UK) »
You dont have any photographs of the Street do you?

Offline Camtrev

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 August 15 15:36 BST (UK) »
Just picked up the chat again after losing the email details.I have photos taken in Railway cottages which shows the front of a house and the back garden, though obviously very old. My great grandparents, Waudby, lived in 1 Brickyard Cottages which was also down as 1 Trinidad Street. It's all a bit confusing. My great grandad, Willie Waudby, died in 1946 and my great Grandma, Louie died in 1961. She lived there with her son Harry,, my grandad who died in 1959. My dad's mum and her family lived in the cottages at number 6 I think (I will check). She was called Ethel Boynton. They weren't married, though they did live in the same street. I have no idea why......
My g grandad worked at the brickyard as a foreman, hence them having the cottage. Ethel's family were all railway workers, but she worked at Metal Box, bottom of Dorset Street. When she died, my dad was evicted as he had no connection to the railway. I will get out all my research and post again in a few days. If anyof you know anything about my family, I'd love to hear it...