Author Topic: Coote's of Radwinter Essex  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Jazzman4551

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Coote's of Radwinter Essex
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 12 September 17 19:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks to all (especially LizzieL) who have contributed to this.

I based my theory that Elizabeth had a brother born in Radwinter from the 1851 census where Edward Coote Reynolds is shown as Nephew to William aged 61 born Radwinter. I know these relationships are not always accurate but that is all I had to go on at the time. I made the error of assuming that Roxton was a mis-transcription of Royston which threw me off the trail for a while and should have known better really as I know the Banns were read in Royston but there was no record of the marriage there.

I'd think I am safe in assuming that James and Mary were Elizabeth's parents although I will double check as there were also Cootes in and around Roxton, so I should eliminate that possibility before I add them to the tree.

Thanks again to everyone, I am going to look for information on John Reynolds now to see what I can find of his family.

Thanks again to everyone.

Steve

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.