Author Topic: Alexander & Elizabeth Wyllie (ms Scott) Logie Pert c 1841-1851  (Read 2754 times)

Offline baltibluebird

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alexander & Elizabeth Wyllie (ms Scott) Logie Pert c 1841-1851
« on: Monday 09 January 12 15:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have found a couple,  Alexander Wyllie and his wife, Elizabeth Wyllie in:

1841 : Muirside, Angus - Alexander aged 65, Elizabeth aged 60
1851 : North Craigo, Angus (which would appear to be in very close proximity to Muirside, it may be the next farm) - Alexander aged 85 born abt 1766 Arbuthnott, Kincardinshire and Elizabeth aged 74 born abt 1777 Marykirk, Kincardinshire.

In order to see whether I can consider this couple as my 4th gt grandparents I did a search on SP to see if I could find their deaths which after numerous searches I have been unable to find  ???

I wonder if someone has a death index at all for the area covered please which perhaps lists this couple?

I am currently looking for their respective births on Family search ...

Thanks in anticipation ...

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander & Elizabeth Wyllie (ms Scott) Logie Pert c 1841-1851
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 January 12 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi  :)

Sadly both may have died before the statutory registration began(1855)

Also -
The IGI has a marriage for Alexander Wylie and Elizabeth DUNCAN 1796 , Marykirk Kincardineshire
There are also children born to a couple with those names 1798 - 1810 Logie Pert Angus
Muirside is in the Parish of Logie Pert in 1841

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Gali

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 January 12 19:44 GMT (UK) »
You may be in luck for Elizabeth ... there is a death certificate on SP for an Elizabeth Wylie passing away aged 92 in Logie Pert in 1859 ... let us know what it says? 

Offline Gali

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 January 12 20:24 GMT (UK) »
By the way ... am a bit confused ... can I confirm that the Elizabeth in which you are interested has maiden surname 'Scott' (as per the title of your post?) ... I see from LDS that a couple named Alexander Wyllie and Elizabeth Scott had children in Logie Pert between 1780 and 1787 ... but the lady on the census was born about 1777 so unlikely to be one in the same?  Of course there may be more than one couple of these names ...   ???

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 09 January 12 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Westwood mentions those children in an earlier post , Gali

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,453597.msg3157904.html#msg3157904

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline baltibluebird

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 10:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Many thanks for your assistance and replies.

Just to clarify I am not sure whether this couple relates to my tree or not - someone else has already incorporated them rightly or wrongly into their tree but I wish to clarify for myself.

Ev, I take your point that they may have died (and probably did) before stat registration in 1855 so I may never be able to find their deaths.

I will buy some more credits at some stage as I have just run out and look at the suggested Elizabeth Wyllie and let you know what it says.

I am still wondering whether someone has access to the death index (if there is one) for Angus and whether they appear on it.

Thanks in anticipation ...

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 15:10 GMT (UK) »
You may be in luck for Elizabeth ... there is a death certificate on SP for an Elizabeth Wylie passing away aged 92 in Logie Pert in 1859 ... let us know what it says? 

Don't bother - I've already seen that one. She died in North Craigo, so she looks like the one you have found in the census, but it doesn't give her parents' names, and the informant is the undertaker :( However she was buried in Marykirk, which might be helpful.

I am also a bit doubtful about her being Elizabeth Scott because Elizabeth Scott's first child was born in 1780, when this Elizabeth was only about three years old. Elizabeth Scott's unmarried children, Alexander, master founder and Ann, female servant, were living in Commerce Street, Montrose in 1841. I believe that Alexander died in 1848.

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline baltibluebird

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that confirmation. I didn't think they were related to my tree.

My brain is a little hazy at the moment as I've just come out of hospital so thanks for your help.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 20:39 GMT (UK) »
 :-\ westwood1, sorry to hear you have been in hospital...

Hope you are well and back on your feet soon.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk