Author Topic: William Prosser and Minnie Carter Abergavenny  (Read 16911 times)

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A whole lot of yam-yam, a little bit Irish n Welsh
    • View Profile
Re: William Prosser and Minnie Carter Abergavenny
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 21 January 12 08:22 GMT (UK) »
I hate to throw a spanner in the works but you said in your opening post that William Prosser was born in Trevethin. Is this not more likely to be him with parents thomas & Margaret (there is another William Prosser born 1865 in Chepstow)

Thomas PROSSER       51      Crickhowell, Brecknock, Wales      B Smith      
Margaret PROSSER      37      Llandenny, Monmouth, England            
Thomas PROSSER      17      Trevethin, Monmouth, England            
William PROSSER      15      Trevethin, Monmouth, England            
Ellen PROSSER     12      Newport, Monmouth, England      Scholar      

Census Place    Trevethin, Monmouth, Wales

Do you have William & Minnie's marriage certificate to prove William's father's name. There are a lot of Prossers in the Abergavenny area. I have some in my family too

there is also a William b1870 in Trevethin parents William & Mary

Hi lancsann, thanks for your post. I made a mistake in my origional post putting Trevethin, I knew it was chepstow but wrote trevethin for some reason  :D. Sometimes the info I have got blurs into 1 and I get a bit confused lol....thanks anyway.

I wonder if my Prossers and yours in Abergavenny are related? William and Minnies children all moved to Wolverhampton eventually. Lisa.

Plimmer,Lees,Ward,Ellis,Childs,Lowbridge,Newbury,Bird,Miles,Collins,Hees,Jones,Dodd-Wolverhampton. Marsh-Dudley. Miles,Harris,Stroud -Drinkwater-Gloucester. Prosser,Carter,Kirby,Dundon-Abergavenny. Hees,Muller-Germany. Goodman - London. Primmer - Ashby de la zouch.

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 21 January 12 08:24 GMT (UK) »

there is also a William b1870 in Trevethin parents William & Mary
you could be right ann
but here is william and minnie in 1901
RG13/4929/13/17
william prosser age 35. b. chepstow. head
minnie age 30. b. abergavenny. wife
william charles prosser age 12. b. ditto. son
edith elizabeth prosser age 9. b. ditto. daughter
albert.v.prosser age 6. b. ditto. son
wilfred.j.prosser age 2. b. ditto. son
adeline.m.prosser age 4mnths. b. ditto. daughter
living at; abergavenny,monmouthshire

so on this census he does state born chepstow and also on 1911 states born chepstow

Wozzle,have you found William on the 1911 census? I have got his daughter Edith on it but never found him?
Edith was working at a pub in Abergavenny...she must have moved to Wolverhampton the following year ie,1912.
Lisa
Plimmer,Lees,Ward,Ellis,Childs,Lowbridge,Newbury,Bird,Miles,Collins,Hees,Jones,Dodd-Wolverhampton. Marsh-Dudley. Miles,Harris,Stroud -Drinkwater-Gloucester. Prosser,Carter,Kirby,Dundon-Abergavenny. Hees,Muller-Germany. Goodman - London. Primmer - Ashby de la zouch.

Offline wozzle

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 23 January 12 13:50 GMT (UK) »
will p.m. you
cattell,alcester
vickers,sulgrave
hewish,holborn
manley,bethnal green
barnes,bassingbourn

Offline Paul Dundon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 24 August 15 12:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisalucie
I'm new to this board, but I only joined because of you! I can't find a way to PM you, but I have done a lot of work on the Dundon/Carter/Knight/Prosser mob too. I am descended from the Dundons, but I have yet to start wife beating, ignoring bastardy orders, fighting etc.!

I guess that you are descended from one of Minnie Prosser's children (she was a star turn, wasn't she!) Clearly we share a few common relatives, if only by marriage. I am pleased to share what I have - can you PM me when you have a chance?

Paul

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 24 August 15 16:33 BST (UK) »
Oh my goodness Paul this is exciting! I can't pm you u til u have made three more posts on rootschat I don't think so basically reply to this a couple of times and then I can pm u my email address.

I'm sure I tried to contact u before...have u got a tree online? But I don't think te email worked???

Yes my nans nan was Edith prosser, eldest daughter of Minnie...so far we haven't abandoned any children or been locked up for drunkern scrapping neither lol

Great to get this message, Lisa

Offline Paul Dundon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 24 August 15 19:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa
Great to hear from you! My old email address @Ireland.com was closed down without informing any of the users. Arrgh! But I'm back on the scene now - you are my first living relative "find" since I've come back into this hobby. Hopefully we will have some interesting info to swop.

Paul

Offline Paul Dundon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 24 August 15 19:56 BST (UK) »
...a third post....

Offline lisalucie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 24 August 15 20:03 BST (UK) »
Yay!! Will pm u my email address, feel free to email as TV isn't looking too good tonight lol

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 10:12 BST (UK) »
Wozzle are you still on the case?
I have just received a connection of the Gilberts of Walterstone to Gilbert of Clifton Gloucestershire.
The Vineyard Estate at Walterstone was under the will of James Gilbert of Llancillo Hall - 1815.The farms associated with this estate Walterstone and Goytree farms passed to his great nephew Thomas Price [who assumed the name Gilbert]. The farms later settled on the marriage of Mary Gilbert to John Prosser of Chepstow in 1855. Thru your census info could you find John and Mary?

cheers
Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.