Author Topic: Alfred & Charlotte Mitchell  (Read 2344 times)

Offline caseyjo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred & Charlotte Mitchell
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 January 12 01:38 GMT (UK) »
I have a copy now of Alfred's probate. Where would I now send for a death certificate for him?

Thank you
caseyjo

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline gnu

• I am sorry but I am no longer recieving notifications
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 January 12 08:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi

You can order online if you have the full GRO reference:  March q, 1934, Conway, vol 11b page 654

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

gnu
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline caseyjo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 17 January 12 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I already knew this part, my mistake but Thank you. The question should of been where do I obtain a copy of the will? I assume more than likely from Manchester but would it all be from the same place in hte UK to order copies of the will?

Thank you
caseyjo

Offline gnu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 17 January 12 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Details are buried in here:

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/research-guides/wills-and-probate-records.htm

Look for Wills after 1858.

I've ordered the few that I needed from Leeds (address given in the link)  and it takes a while!

gnu
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline caseyjo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 17 January 12 15:28 GMT (UK) »
I have filled out the applications to the best of my knowledge and will get them sent away. How long does it take to receive the copies?  I am in Canada so assume a few weeks?

Thanks
caseyjo

Offline gnu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 17 January 12 16:10 GMT (UK) »
It took 6 weeks when I last got one and I was in UK  :-\

gnu