Author Topic: bmd indexes in Sheffield?Are there any?  (Read 4490 times)

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
Re: bmd indexes in Sheffield?Are there any?
« Reply #18 on: Friday 03 November 17 07:39 GMT (UK) »
As a couple of others have recommended - try Sheffield Indexers!
They have BMD indexes.  Good forum too.

https://www.sheffieldindexers.com

"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline dorset901

• RootsChat Extra
  • when I'm 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 03 November 17 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant news, just heard back from a site called Sheffield Indexers, and they have certain BDM's detail's free to read on their site. Did find a Sheffield City BDM site, but even this would not give me any info. So happy having found Walter and Eliza Clark.

Ran into the same problem, although have heard that there might be a possibility of some form of searchable database coming soon?
But there is definitely a shortage of info on Sheffield's Parish Records.
For example found my Walter Clark in Freebdm 1869, but not in either Ancestry of Findmypast, now that is weird!!
And on taking directly to the Archives, they want a research fee from me!!
Any help out there PLZSSSS, Regards, Tim.

If you can give us an idea what dates and coverage also abode or names of BMD's in Sheffield  ??? maybe someone may know! more online resources or even visit the repositories in Sheffield.

Its best to think it out exactly what you want to request for and post all your total knowledge you have  on the issue! then allow the brains on here to start grinding to help you and there are some knowledgeable people.

:)
Family History, for Roberts, Vaughan, Edwards, Slack, Fyson, Rawson, Sharp, Rea, Bedford. Millner, Freeman, and the Clayton's of Adlington Lancs.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 03 November 17 13:58 GMT (UK) »
And on taking directly to the Archives, they want a research fee from me!!
Just checking - are you saying that no archives should charge a fee for work they do on your behalf?
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 03 November 17 19:24 GMT (UK) »
This Sheffield BMD index list at first sight  ??? appears to be a voluntary source of BMD records, supplied by people donating info who have specific details of an ancestors BMD in their family tree or family records.

This could be either GRO index or certificate info (bought online), or local register office look up of their records by staff as to a request for a certificate, or (donated BMD certificate info by a family) actual certificate information given from private family records

Is it just BMD records

(Even maybe back page family bible ancestor or {Birth/ marriage event of a living person] GRO BMD/burial date record  ??? Even Headstone age - death date and date of birth  ???))

http://www.sheffieldindexers.com/BMDRecordsIndex.html
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth