Author Topic: JONES - Corsham  (Read 4663 times)

Offline g1rxr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JONES - Corsham
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 April 18 23:16 BST (UK) »
My grannie was Barbara jane jones b.1894  (***She was my great aunt***)

he had brothers Ralph and Earnest both in the Guards who were both killed WW1 and are buried in France.

***Ralf signed up for the Coldstream Gaurds 15th Feb 1907. No. 7152
Here there is some confusion as Ralf was my grandfather and died 18 Jan 1953 in Croydon Surrey.
He left the gaurds and became a policeman as far as I am aware. Can you help to prove my
informaton true or false? ***

There were lots of relatives in Corshamside and Neston. She had another brother Fred  who became
a policeman  married Olive and moved to Bristol and then London they had twin girls.

***My Fred was baptised 02 May 1880 - Neston. Married 1905 Lambeth,London to Ellen Light ?????
Had twin daughters Olive Ellen Jones and Margaret May Jones in 1907 also Violet Ivy in 1909.
All 3 born in Lambeth.***

A sister Alice who worked at the Wills  tobacco factory in Bristol  ,
 Joyce who lived in Devizes,( ***I have 11 children in all but no Joyce?***)
 Edith (***Edith Sarah Emily Jones baptised 3 Aug 1884 - Neston***) who married
Tom Sawyer (*** I have married Albert Charles Sawyer 1910 Neston***)
and lived with her daughter in Stafford, and my favourite Auntie Nell - Ellen -
 married James Cainey and lived at Walcot Bath. ***Eunice Ellen Jones - 11 Mar 1890***
*** married James Andrew Cainey 1915 Chippenham district****
Miriam M. 1919 - Bath and Gilbert 1924 also Bath district

There was a George (***a differnt branch born to William and Emily) - yes the
 Edgar Hansard Jones was his son and a few more all with Posh names -

****They had 11 children all with posh names Annetta Louisa Jones
Augustas Hansard Jones - Bernard Milton Jones - Stanley Hector Jones
Edgar Hansard Jones to name a few.***

he worked at the big pit at Blaenavon and then on the Railway at Swindon.There was also a relative
 who owned a mink farm inCanada- they visited in1950.

James jones was in the marines and lived at St Anthony Cornwall ***He was the son of
Austin James Jones. James married 1945 Plymouth. I have seen his house at St Antony
as I now live in Plymouth.
 (He died he boxed for the Army...I believe they originated from the Forest of Dean
  a lot of them ending up as miners at Blaenavon.Can give you more info 
if needed got most of mine from the Mormon website.Excellent.

Offline Vickytaylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 07 April 18 13:35 BST (UK) »
sorry, but there were 2 boys who were killed in WW1. just took it for granted that they would be the oldest 2... the person to ask is Rosemary Cainey  wife of James son of Gilbert or Harry   , she lives in Walcot Bath. James did a full and extensive family tree .  Are you descended from James of Anthony  Plymouth???My Grannie was  probably the youngest  child she died in 1971. All the information I got was from Auntie Betty  Edith's daughter, and Auntie Miriam who was Nellies daughter, both have since passed on . I have a cousin  Nicholas Drew  who lives in Plymouth - no , the last time I saw him I was about ten years old- he went into the Navy triedto get in touch in 1971 when our paths crossed , I was married to an Airman and living in Cyprus  and Nicky was on Hms Hermes. But because of my pregnancy they wouldn't let me go out to the ship....He has 2 sisters - one in Falmouth the other in Birkenhead.Beware there are 2 Jones families in Corsham - one in Elley Green and are they related  not sure ....my e- mail address is Vickyetaylor@hotmail.com  you may get in touch with me at any time - don't leave it too long  I am 72years old.....

Offline g1rxr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 April 18 22:24 BST (UK) »
I have emailed you Vicky

I have attached 2 files in case anyone else can add any information.

Offline Vickytaylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 08 April 18 14:56 BST (UK) »
interesting - I find I don't exist!!
Barbara Jane Jones b.1894 married Frederick  George Drew  in Corsham or Neston - Ebenezer Chapel 26th December 19( not sure of the Year)  They moved to Portsmouth  and had 4 sons , Frederick Perry DRew, married x2 one child Barbara -  - after the divorce no further communication he then  married Kay Pavey  and moved to London where he worked for BOAC at Heathrow,
Son 2 WAs Richard henry Drew married a local girl in Bath ( they moved back to Bath my granfer working for The Inland Revenue In Bath) he married Evelyn Colby - she died of TB at Winsley Sanatorium Limplystoke.He remarried to Roma  Heather Dungay  a WREN from Burford  Oxford but came originally from Helston inCornwall. They had 3 children Nicholas  married to Sue -2 boys,
Carole  married to Dave Westwell  lives in Birkenhead has children
Heather  married to Arthur - one son
3rd son my farther James Martin Drewmarried Alice Brannigan Goodwin and produced 3 daughters
Elizabeth  Barbara Bush married to David  children Gillian Betts married to STeve.and James married with 2 children
Victoria evelyn Taylor widowed with 2 children
Sarah jane Goodwin DRew divorced with 2 boys
 hope this fills you in on my bit of the tree
some of my  grans relatives  as you have gathered  are not known to me  but Auntie EDith's and auntie Nells  were we all lived closish to each other and as growing up met on numerous times
I do remember Gran visiting  someones daughter in Stockwell London  about 1955 we were on holiday in London .
Grandfather Frederick George and my father James Martin were born in Portsmouth(in fact I think they all were)- forgot to put son no4 David Austin Drew married annulled no issue died in London recently.

Offline Vickytaylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 09 April 18 14:21 BST (UK) »
I think that somewhere in there you will find William Jones married to Elizabeth Herbert, this would account for my grans rhesus negative blood group. there were 3boys who fought in south Africa all of them getting awarded medals etc all Joneses  - blond hair and blue eyes... there is a close connection to the Army, ( I think also Elizabeth Perry  came from Devizes  and then back to Cornwall) George's wife was the cook at the big house in Corsham owned by a Captain Fuller my Auntie Nell also worked there and so did Auntie Eaddy
George and his wife are both buried at the Chapel in Neston they were caretakers there.
Richard Jones is buried in the graveyard attached to the Parish church . He married one of the Chivers girls
think that is the lot for now  hope it is some use to you....

Offline g1rxr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 09 April 18 21:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you Vicky.
You have spent so much time and effort to pass on all of this information.
Have you had time to read the emails I have sent to you.
Kind regards Joe

Offline Vickytaylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 10:05 BST (UK) »
no problem, hope it helps with the family tree , most of the info has been passed on to me  , so now it is yours .

Offline g1rxr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 21:27 BST (UK) »
The speed and help the internet offers VickyTaylor.
My thanks to Eileen Cook of Corsham for the 2 photo's attached

Offline Vickytaylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 11 April 18 12:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the pictures - the Richard  I was referring to was b. sometime between 1881 and 1894 He married one of the Chivers family  and according to Gran lived at Reading - somewhere....I think that there were a lot of them - mostly grown up  by the time she came along...anyway back to the envelop search - be in touch..bye for now....