Author Topic: Budden's of Sixpenny Handley  (Read 1837 times)

Offline AuntieWin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Budden's of Sixpenny Handley
« on: Monday 16 January 12 01:42 GMT (UK) »
I've just joined and wonder if anyone is researching the Budden's of Sixpenny Handley. My ggggrandfather was a William Budden - base born son of Hannah. He immigrated to Newfoundland sometime around 1816 - don't know the exact date as I cannot find any ship's records. I do know he married a Mary Slade Oct. 31 1818 in Harbour Grace. I've been trying for 10 years to find any record of when he left Sixpenny Handley but no results. Hannah also had two base born daughters, but finally married a William Elliot and he died shortly before their son Charles was born. I have found info on all of them but the brick wall is finding when William left for Newfoundland.

If anyone is researching this family I'd be interested in sharing info.

Offline Richard Knott

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Budden's of Sixpenny Handley
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 January 12 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.

If you click on the 'Surnames' button at the top of this page you will see that here are five people looking for Dorset Buddens including at least one for Buddens in Handley.

Unfortunately you can't send any of them a personal message until you have made three posts, but replying to this one will get you your second one!

Meanwhile I will send the most obvious one a message to look at this thread.

Richard
All the families I am researching are listed on the main page here:
www.64regencyancestors.com

Census: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RoserAncestors

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Budden's of Sixpenny Handley
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 October 16 07:52 BST (UK) »
I am researching the Budden's of Sixpenny Handley in Dorset. My 4th great grandfather was a William Budden who was born in Tollard Royal in Wiltshire in about 1804 and migrated to Australia. His father Stephen was born about 1784 in Sixpenny Handley. Happy to share the info I have.