Author Topic: James Young  (Read 6220 times)

Offline S.Bradshaw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Young
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 08:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stephen, I have just stumbled on your requests re James Young. Have you looked at James Young son of Andrew Young and Mary Fairholme born 26 April 1805, he is grandson of Nairn Young and Janet Archibald.  This James' brother David born 30 March 1808 migrated to South Australia in 1858. Just a thought that the two brothers may have decided to give Oz a go. I do not have a marriage for this James, his siblings are Margaret, David, Thomas, Agnes, Andrew, Janet, Nairn, Mary and Adam. Nairn and Mary both went to the USA.  Mary and her husband John Brown were very early members of the Church of the Latter Day Saints, she died in Utah 5 Jan.1890, Nairn drowned near New Orleans July 1847.  David belongs to my line of Youngs and they all mined coal at Newcastle NSW.  Sue

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: James Young
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 20:30 GMT (UK) »
I feel he may have been too old to father children at the age of 57.

I have come across much older fathers than that, including one who was 82 when his youngest child was born.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.