Author Topic: George Stackpool Lysaght  (Read 11998 times)

Offline judyjay

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
George Stackpool Lysaght
« on: Monday 16 January 12 18:39 GMT (UK) »
I believe this gentleman was born in Co Clare in about 1814 and died in Liverpool in 1900. I have searched all the usual sites but have not yet found a record of his birth. I think he married Elizabeth [possibly Lingard] from the birth records I have found for their children but would like to confirm this if possible. The children were born in Dublin. Lingard was used as a middle name by several generations. At some point in the late 1890s a lot of the family moved to either Liverpool or Birkenhead. My husband's cousin is descended from the family.
Thank you.
Suffolk: Rowe, Scarfe, Brookes, Rands, Hart, Fuller, Buckle
Cornwall: Lobb, Palmer, Mutton, Burden, Veal
Devon: Haddy, Hayman, Burgoyne, Pinhey, Bond, Dayman, May
Ireland: Sheeran, Noone, Murray, Daly, Rooney, O'Frill, Friel, Rigney.
Australia. NSW: Benjamin Rowe

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Stackpool Lysaght
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 January 12 10:20 GMT (UK) »
Have you seen these ?

ALEXANDER JOSEPH LYSAGHT 
Birth 26 September 1862 
Address GROVENOR TERRACE 
Father GEORGE LYSAGHT 
Mother ELIZABETH LINGARD 

JOANNA MARIA LEIST 
Birth 30 August 1861 
Address GROVENOR ROAD 
Father GEORGII LEIST 
Mother ELIZABETH LINGARD 

WILLIAM LYSET 
Birth 1867 
Father GEO LYSET 
Mother ELIZA LINGARD 

ETHEL MARY LYSAGHT 
Birth 13 August 1884 
Address 7 SANDFORD PARADE DONNYBROOK 
Father GEORGE LINGARD LYSAGHT 
Mother MARY BYRNE 

JARLATH EDWARD LYSAGHT 
Birth 6 June 1883 
Address 22 SANDFORD ROAD 
Father GEORGE LINGARD LYSAGHT 
Mother MARY BYRNE 

OSCAR WALTER LEO LYSAGHT 
Birth 5 March 1880 
Address 22 SANDFORD RD DONNYBROOK 
Father GEORGIO LINGARD LYSAGHT 
Mother MARIA BYRNE

CAROLUS LINGARD ROBERTUS LYSAGHT 
Birth 9 August 1880 
Address 39 MOREHAMPTON RD DONNYBROOK 
Father GEORGIO LINGARD LYSAGHT 
Mother MARIA JANE BYRNE 

GEORGIUS ? LYSAGHT 
Birth 23 July 1877 
Address 14 SANDFORD ROAD 
Father GEORGIUS LOGAN LYSAGHT 
Mother MARIA JOANNA BYRNE 

The mother of this child appears to be a relation of George S(t)ackpool Lysaght as he is listed as one of the sponsors !

Name MATHIAS FREDRICUS RYDINA 
Date of Birth 15 February 1869 
Address 34 UPPER RUTLAND ST 
Father GULIELMUS JOSEPH RYDINA 
Mother MARIA LOUISA SLACKPOOLE 

There are also records of what appears to be a daughter of George's called Georgina. She married a John Connolly first and then a John Prendergast.

Hope these are of some use !

Tara

Offline judyjay

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 January 12 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tara

Thank you for all of those. I had seen some of them and I know of a few more born to George and Mary.  Some of the dates seem a bit odd with only 5 months between Oscar and Walter. Maybe someone made an error in the transcriptions but the images are quite hard to read. It's good to see them all written down on one page.
Thanks for all your hard work
Regards
Judy
Suffolk: Rowe, Scarfe, Brookes, Rands, Hart, Fuller, Buckle
Cornwall: Lobb, Palmer, Mutton, Burden, Veal
Devon: Haddy, Hayman, Burgoyne, Pinhey, Bond, Dayman, May
Ireland: Sheeran, Noone, Murray, Daly, Rooney, O'Frill, Friel, Rigney.
Australia. NSW: Benjamin Rowe

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 January 12 16:50 GMT (UK) »
No probs Judy,

Yes, I think when they were being transcribed, they had to do a lot of guesswork. Sometimes tho the dates might have been the baptism dates as opposed to the birth dates, and some children might have been baptised nearer to their birth dates than others, which could account for the near dates between Oscar and "Carolus" !

Good Luck,

Tara

Offline paulJoseph03

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 23 May 12 06:16 BST (UK) »
Dear Judyjay and Taramcdsmall, I have today only come across rootschat, after rather idly googling George Stacpoole Lysaght(GSL) into the system as it were. I am a direct descendant of George Stacpoole Lysaght, through his eldest son George Lingard Lysaght(GLL). GSL and Elizabeth Lingard had 13-14 children. GLL married firstly Mary Jane Byrne(MJB) and secondly about 1893 Elizabeth Seabrooke. GLL & MJB had 7 children and my descendant then is my granmother Helena Mary Lysaght(Either 3rd or 4th in the Sibling pecking order). In the last 6 months i have only recently stumbled  across Rudolph Stacpoole Lysaght(RSL). RSL is the only child of GLL and Elizabeth Seabrooke but is of course GLL's 8th child. GLL dies in 1897 leaving Elizabeth Seabrooke widowed with Rudolph as a 3 year old infant. William Lysaght referred to, is GLL's youngest brother who went to live in the USA.William is therefore RSL's Uncle not his father. I have met descendants of this branch who live in New Jersey(USA). You may find the trail goes cold on RSL because it appears  that he may  have changed his name by deedpoll to William Connelly in 1919. I am presently in NZ and will not return to Berkshire where I live until late June. Most if not all of my research was done pre internet days pre 1996. I am a member of the (UK)Society of Genealogists and would be happy to meet up with both of you or separately and discuss the bigger (Mac) Lysaght Family Tree as it were when I return, but I am unclear  at this stage about how to arrange exchange of addresses, phone numbers/e-mails  etc via  a "public contact" forum?  JudyJay, I would be interested to know where your husbands cousin connects in as a descendant  to GSL. Hope the above is of assistance. Incidentally I noted your research on Wilfried Everett. What part of NZ was he in? I suggest you check out the NZ Parliamentary Electoral Rolls which I believe are available on-line for the period around 1850 to circa 1978 ,maybe  as late as 1981 or even 1984. Good luck. Regards paulJoseph03

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 23 May 12 09:51 BST (UK) »
Hi 'pauljoseph03'

Hi there, I'm afraid I'm not related. As this is a forum I was just helping out 'judyjay' with some finds that I had made.

I do know you have to have made three messages onto this site before you can trade personal info ie email address' with a person through the 'pm / personal message' system to 'judyjay'.

Best of Luck

Tara

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 04 June 12 20:08 BST (UK) »
Brian J Cantwell's Memorials of the Dead; West Clare;

Kilfenora cemetery;
Erected by his father James
Connor Lysaght; 23/7/1838 (4)

William Lysaght; Kilfenora
27/11/1909 (70)
5 children
wife-Maria;
22/3/1947 (93)

William Lysaght;
1/5/1798
-----------
Kilmachehy cemetery;
Erected by his son John in memory of his father
Andrew Lysaght;
23/3/1805 (56)

Eredted by Thomas Lysaght, late Inland Revenue, for
father-Michael; Liscannor
21/10/1851 (81)
his bro-Walter;
13/10/1861 (50)

Erected by M.M.J for
father-Thomas Lysaght Liscannor
5/12/1895 (64)
---------------------
Kilshanny Old cemetery;
John Lysaght; Derry
18/11/1817 (30)
erected by his wife-Mary
children-Patrick & Andrew.
====================
Jack

Offline keverton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 09 July 12 14:42 BST (UK) »
hi paul, my name is kevin lysaght from birkenhead, merseyside,my father is * lysaght and his father was william george stackpool lysaght, my father had 5 brothers and 1 sister[who have all since died]my dad is 83 and sometimes has problems with his memory but he told me his dad married mabel francis nethercot [my nan]. my dads father was in the merchant navy and as far as i know he had 3 brothers one was called samuel[ who was killed in ww1] another brother was called/ known by the name delly and one of my dads brothers was called lelsie stackpool lysaght, it would be interesting to hear from you and judyjay to discuss what we know about the surname of lysaght, i hope you or/and judyjay get in touch through this site and we can communicate more by phone/ email etc, regards,kevin lysaght.

* name of living person removed in accordance with Rootscht policy.

Offline keverton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 09 July 12 14:51 BST (UK) »
hello my name is kevin lysaght and my fathers name is ............. lysaght and his fathers name was william george stackpool lysaght, my father had 5 brothers and 2 sister. my dads dad married mabel francis nethercot from birkenhead, i have sent another msg to paul03 and it would be interesting to communicate with you and anyone else looking for the surname lysaght, my father is still alive but he is 83 and sometimes has problems with his memory but he does remember quite a lot about his dad and his dads brothers ie samuel stackpool lysagth was killed in ww1, if you or anybody else would like to talk about this topic please get in touch on this site and we can take things from there, bye for now, regards, kevin.