Author Topic: Thomas Tidmarsh born or bapt 1763 to 1771  (Read 2476 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Thomas Tidmarsh born or bapt 1763 to 1771
« on: Tuesday 17 January 12 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

My gg Great Granddad Thomas Tidmarsh (Or Tidmash) died 1850 age 86 in Temple Balsall Warwickshire on the 1841 c he was down as 70 on 1841 in Balsall with the 5 year round off so could be 74 in 1841.

He married Phoebe (Phebe) Cope in 1841 Merevale near Atherstone in 1803 and had their first sibling Thomas (my G Great granddad) baptised 1805/6 in Atherstone but later moved to Balsall.

Son Thomas married Sarah Bott in Tanworth in arden Worcestershire 1827

I've looked at all Warwick PR's or requesting any PR info that could be his bapt and parents  in years above in Worcestershire

Thanks in advance for reading this.

Dobby  :)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Tidmarsh born or bapt 1763 to 1771
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 December 16 21:01 GMT (UK) »
We know Thomas Tidmarsh who died 27th March 1851 aged 86  Balsall Street, Temple Balsall (Balsall) Wark's

We known from the 1841c Thomas's Tidmarsh wife was Phoebe (Phoeby Pheobe Phebe)

They married 29th Nov 1803 in Merevale Wark's -Thomas Tidmash (No R )of Atherstone, and Phoebe Cope of Merevale

Their children baptized

Thomas Tidmash 1805 Mancetter Atherstone son of Tom and Phoebe

Charlotte Tidmash 1809 Mancetter Atherstone daug of Thomas and Phoebe

Martha Titmas 1811 Hampton in Arden (Balsall) daug of Thomas and Phoebe

Mary Titmas 1814  Hampton in Arden (Balsall) daug of Thomas and Phoebe

Anne Titmouse 1819  Hampton in Arden (Berkswell) daug of Thomas and Phoebe

I think Thomas senior was Thomas Titmouse bapt 5th Oct 1763 son of William & Sarah Titmouse Berkswell being the same person Thomas Tidmarsh 1851 died  age 86

There was a rich family of a Tidmarsh family at Kenilworth and I think Tidmas-Tidmash  became Tidmarsh by parish clerks over time knowing the surname Tidmarsh being local but a rich family-My Tidmas(h) lot were very poor ag labs who were illiterate and would not notice the spelling of their surname also their strong country folk brummy accent trying telling a baffled educated vicar/clerk from another part of England, his interpretation of their surname to put it on paper.

Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 December 16 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Don't forget the other Thomas, baptised 25 May 1763, also at Berkeswell -

Thomas Tidmass, son of John and Alice.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 December 16 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Berkeswell again:

19 May 1765 - Abigail, daughter of John Titmouse of Balsall.

22 November 1765 - William son of William and Sarah (no abode given)
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 20 December 16 13:29 GMT (UK) »
More from Berkeswell:

16 May 1755 - Will son of Will and Sarah Tidmus

8 June 1757 - Mary daughter of John Tidmas of Balsall
11 September 1757 - Sarah daughter of William Tidmas

10 October 1759 - Ann daughter of William and Sarah Didamus (that's what it looks like  :-\ )

19 July 1761 - Joseph son olf John and Alice Titmouse of Balsall

All parish entry images are available to view on Family Search.
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 20 December 16 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi BumbleB

I had forgotten about John Tidmas as possible father of Thomas b 1763 to 1765

So I've got 2 baptism candidates  :-\ ~ Never a bus comes unless :(  two at once
2 deaths
Thomas Tidmarsh died 1830 aged 67 born 1763 in Berkswell
Thomas Tidmarsh died March 1851 aged 86 born 1764  Temple Balsall (My Thomas)

After reading the rate book Balsall Street in Temple Balsall  Thomas first appears in Temple Balsall in Hampton in Arden parish from Mancetter in Atherstone Parish parish 1810 to 1819 as Thomas Tidmas each year and another document in Temple Balsall as Thomas Tidmouse

There is also a document 1799 From Atherstone parish acknowledging rate money recieved from their land in Balsall street Temple Balsall & Top part/end of Balsall Street in Balsall Common in Berkswell Parish ?

Land farmed by Thomas Tidmarsh at Hilltop Farm, Fen end, Honey Lane Farms off Balsall Street (Temple Balsall end of lane) changed name from Thomas Tidmarsh in March 1851 year of Thomas's death year. (I'm baffled)

His grandson my Gt granddad Samuel Tidmarsh ( mother Sarah Tidmarsh nee Wood d 1850) was born at Honey lane farm 1844 son of Thomas Tidmash born Atherstone 1805 son of above Thomas died 1851

Offline drodgers34

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 01 June 21 08:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Dobfarm.

How are you these days?  Funny how thing s work out but my daughter is studying ballet in Hinckley and I’m coming over from australia to stay with her over her summer break.

It’s near atherstone and I’m staying at a bnb near the merevale church for a few days.

Did you confirm this Thomas Tidmarsh is our ancestor?  Looks like all the locations are around that location.

Dale Rodgers

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 06 June 21 18:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Dale,
Nice to hear from you.

Yes! Atherstone was the place Thomas Tidmarsh Sr born 1760 1771 who was the granddad of Samual Tidmarsh/Titmarsh/Tidmash/Titmash born 1844 ish to Thomas Tidmash Jr & wife Sarah (Wood)

There are some original records in from Family Search original papers in Balsall that have Thomas Tidmas (No ending H) in it naming him from Atherstone (From memory a few year back) also one of his daughters said Thomas and Phoebe Tidmarsh had spelt her surname Tidmarsh  on her marriage certificate but witness Thomas Thomas Tidmarsh spelt his surname Tidmash (No R in it)

Last! My granddad Herbert Tidmarsh. I eventually found his birth certificate born 7 Nov 1866 in Bolsover- a full year before Samual and Mary Cutts marriage in Wales village church near Rotherham in 1867 and Herbert being baptised 1868 in the same church. I found Herbert's birthday date from the 1939 register and it soon became obvious Herbert was born Illegitimate to Mary Cutts (Registered with no fathers name and named Herbert Cutt. Was Samuel Herbert's Dad ???.

Regards Dave

Offline drodgers34

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 07 June 21 04:17 BST (UK) »
Cheers David. I’m going to start my visit here which is merevale parish. Staying at this B&B ‘on site’

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g1041932-d1154040-Reviews-Abbey_Farm_Bed_and_Breakfast-Atherstone_Warwickshire_England.html#/media/1154040/203147307:p/?albumid=101&type=0&category=101

Also linked to Henry VII and Richard III dastardly deeds.

I’ll take in some local locations then once my daughter breaks up for summer well make our way up to yorkshire etc.