Author Topic: Charles William Henry Hill  (Read 4728 times)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Charles William Henry Hill
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 02 June 16 12:54 BST (UK) »
it looks like his father was Charles William Hill
on Parish records his (and his sister's) father was named as Charles William Hill

I posted Charles William Henry's baptism previously
this looks like the baptism of one of his sisters
Parish records
Holy Trinity Weymouth
Ivy Ellen Hill
born 9 Nov 1903
baptism 8 Jan 1904
parents Charles William & Ellen
address 7 Pansy Terrace
Father's occ L Shipwright R.N.

it looks like Ivy Ellen possibly married Edwin G Evans Jun qtr 1928 Portsmouth 2b 1303

and her death reg?
Ivy Ellen Evans born 9 Nov 1903
died Aug 2001
S E Hampshire

You could look on the 1939 register for whereabouts of Charles William Henry -I assume he was still alive then?
You can look at the register free but need to purchase credits to view further information

Is there a Florrie in your family???

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 02 June 16 13:27 BST (UK) »

I'm also looking for any links to death records. I know that he was living in the PerryBarr district of Birmingham in 1951.
Best wishes,
Natasha

I cannot find him in Perry Barr area in 1951 -how certain are you of this information and who was living with him?

1950 Perry barr electoaral roll shows a few Charles W Hill but cannot find Charles W h Hill

there is Charles William Hill and Alice A Hill living at 153 Chingford Rd Perry barr
and
Charles W Hill & Margaret L M Hill at 26 Birkenshaw Rd

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline Nat-London

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 June 16 14:21 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much.

Do you know what  the initials around shipwright stand for? R , LN?
From my mum's birth certificate he was living with his wife, Eileen Hill previously Murphy in Farnham Road, Birmingham. This was towards the end of '51. I haven't been able to locate him on anything, my guess was he was probably at sea as part of the Merchant Navy?
I don't believe that he was previously married prior to his wedding in Cork in 1941- he is recorded as a bachelor and his age is not given, unfortunately. Sadly, the only things we know about him are from the wedding and birth certificate (daughter's).
Best wishes,
Natasha

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 June 16 14:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much.

Do you know what  the initials around shipwright stand for? R , LN?

Best wishes,
Natasha
the occupation on baptism reads " L (looks like L) Shipwright R.N.
I don't know what L stands for -but assume RN is Royal Navy?

Suz

Offline Nat-London

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 02 June 16 14:58 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much- ici would be grateful if there are any other sites or resources you would recommend, in order to find out more about him.  Thanks very much for the information and advice given so far.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 02 June 16 15:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

Trying to find any more info about the above. He was born 2.2.1905 in Weymouth, Dorset. Death shown as : Apr Qtr Leeds 1952 2c 320.  This from the GRO but not shown on Yorks BMDs. Trying to find anything more, where he lived etc. Any adice or info greatly appreciated.

Colin

I don't think this is the death reg of "your" Charles William Henry Hill - his age on death is given as 49 giving him an approx y.o.b. as 1903 - yourswas born 1905
There is a birth reg FreeBMD
Charles William H Hill Jun qtr 1903 Knaresborough
I think this is the Charles WH who died 1952 Leeds

there is also
Probate
Charles William Henry Hill of 38 St Ives Mount Armley leeds died 20 Jun 1952 Probate London to Florrie Hill widow Effects 1592 6 4

on the free register 1939 the only Charles William Henry Hill I could find was with Florriwe Hill and gave y.o.b. as 1903

Suz

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 02 June 16 15:19 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I thought I had found a record for him through the National Archives Merchant Navy records- this records his year of birth as 1903.

Natasha

I wonder if these records are for the "other" Charles William Henry Hill who was b 1903??

Suz

Offline Nat-London

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 02 June 16 15:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Suz. I agree, this definitely seems to be another Charles WH Hill, who resided in Yorkshire. I believe his father was George Hill so not a relation.

The "Weymouth" Charles, going by the details you've given me, does seem to be the correct one as father's name and occupation match as well as the possibility of naming his daughter after his mother. Any death records are proving very frustrating to find.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 02 June 16 20:44 BST (UK) »
I wonder if he maybe died at sea??

Suz