Author Topic: Irish & Italian Grandparents in Alexandria Egypt  (Read 12811 times)

Offline caroltriant

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Irish & Italian Grandparents in Alexandria Egypt
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 October 15 12:18 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have just come across this post.  I believe we may have a connection. My great grandmother Emily Foley may be the sister of William Foley.  Emily was born in Alexandria Egypt (as was all my family). There was also a brother Victor (my father was named after him) and their mother Hortense Zammit.  Emily Foley married Anthony Caruana and their only child John Caruana was my grandfather.
Michael Patrick Foley was born in 1845 in St James Jamaica (it seems the family moved around as there was a brother Maurice born in St Johns Canada and a sister Elizabeth born in Portsmouth UK).  Michael Patrick Foley's father was Maurice Foley and mother was Anna Schumacher.  Is there a connection?
Carol

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 October 15 12:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol,

Welcome to RootsChat.

I am very sorry but the email address we had for bonron is no longer working :'(, I have done a search and have been lucky enough to find a postal address.  I will send a letter to Bonron today to let him know of your reply I expect it will take a few days for him to receive and reply as it is "snail mail"

Regards

Sarah

P.S. That was our last stamp if anyone wishes to help support RootsChat.
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 26 October 15 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Yeay just heard back from bonron :D Carol

For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bonron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 26 October 15 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol , got your details from Sarah  :D well i have not been on here for almost three years and then nice surprise reading of your search , well there may be a possible connection , my grand farther was called William Patrick Foley, but he married a girl called Guisappina  Bambara Italian girl  who must have passed away before the year 1920 because my grand farther married again in Dec of that year to a french lady called Marie La Pupe in Egypt, and yes i believe my grand father's  Father was called Micheal , my father was called Edward Foley also known a Mario Majisti who was a wrestler , he had Italian parents on his mothers side  and Irish parents on his fathers side, he also had a brother called Micheal ,i do have other details like M/C and D/C and also B/C,if you still feel you would like to know more then please do mot hesitate, bye for now ,

Offline caroltriant

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 03 November 15 11:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello, It is lovely to hear from you. I have so little information on the Foley family, so anything you have anything, especially Michael, Edward's brother, and William's siblings, I would appreciate.  If I locate any other information, I will gladly share it with you. 
Carol

Offline bonron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol nice to hear from you,well , i will pass on to you some of the info i have then we should have some idea ifthere is a connection , the marriage certificate of William Patrick Foley who was Married in Alexandria Egypt on the 18th of June 1902 ,to my grandmother Giuseppina Bambaza or Bambara William was 23 yrs old, Williams profession is down as clerk is Fathers name is Michael Patrick Foley and he was a store keeper ,Giusappina Father was called Antonio Bambaza and he was a Tailor ,and the register is signed i can only assme by Giusappinas Mother who is called Giovannina Bambaza, could i point out William also called himself Wilfred also for what ever reason ,

i do hope there is some help in the info i have passed on to you see how you go with this , and if you compare the other posts i have posted then you may have some idea if there is a possible connection,

Best wishes and good Luck

Offline caroltriant

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 05 November 15 06:15 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Carol

Offline keleb7977

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 18 October 16 08:31 BST (UK) »
I am the grand-daughter of 'Bonron's' aunt. She is 91 and still alive - the only one of Bonron's father's siblings. I want to see if I can get in contact with him - can you please help me?

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 18 October 16 09:37 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Keleb.

You will need to remove the aunt's name, as Rootschat prohibited the naming of those living. Click on the "modify" button to do so.

After you make 2 more posts you can make contact with members using the personal message system.

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams