Author Topic: Boys Family in East Kent Parishes  (Read 27443 times)

Offline Deirdre H

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Boys Family in East Kent Parishes
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 20 December 17 17:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi

You were looking at trying to connect Daniel Boys (1685 - 1726, married to Mary Ann Page) to one of the other branches of the Boys families. I have found Daniel's father (also Daniel Boys - 1652 - 1727, married to Ann Theobald), then I got stuck. I was wondering if you'd managed to get any further?

Best wishes

Deirdre
Boys
Darling

Offline DavefromKent

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 21 December 17 10:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deirdre
No I also have come to a grinding halt with Daniel Boys/Ann Theobald of Lynsted.
Where did you get his birth as being 1652, according to his burial details he was 91 when he died which would make his birth date approx 1636.
I have found in the Canterbury "Strangers Church" Baptisms details, an entry for Daniel du Boys baptised 1593. He came from a huguenot family that escaped persecution and I presume settled in Kent. Some huguenot families are said to have settled in Faversham which is a neighbouring town to Lynsted.
I have also traced Lilian Boys Behrens family as I believed she was in someway related to my family line, she visited my Grandfather at one time.

Have a good Christmas and a happy New Year

David 

Offline Deirdre H

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 21 December 17 14:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi David

Thank you for your reply. I think I got Daniel Boys' date of birth from a match with another family tree - I have gone into it but not found any documentation that relates to his date of birth or age at death / burial. I am new at this so I may well have got this incorrect.

I have found a Kent Online Parish Clerks site that has 5 Boys family trees - The Godmersham family tree is the one my Dad originates from. There is a much bigger one from 1067 stretching to 98 pages which Lilian Boys-Behrens appears as a footnote on one of the pages saying she is a daughter - although it is unclear which of 2 brothers is her father. That line descends from Rev Richard Boys.

I have a Rr Admiral William Henry in the family tree I've put together, married to Charlotte Sophia Greenall. This couple appear in the large 1067 family tree as descendants of one of John Boys and Mary Harvey's sons (a separate branch from Rev Richard Boys), but I have a feeling I've mixed up 2 different William Henry's so I need to go back to look at this again. Otherwise I could find no shared individuals in the 2 family trees.

Best wishes for the New Year

Deirdre
Boys
Darling

Offline Derek Boys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 13:13 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am from the New Zealand branch of Boys and would like a copy if possible.

Hi Only just found your msg and have lost track of what it was all about
you can e-mail me at [Moderator edit: email address removed] if you wish

Derek

Offline Prvanov

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 25 September 19 10:16 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
Luch Boys married Thomas Woodland Gambrill.
They are my 3rd great grandparents. Their son Thomas Boys (my 3rd great grandfather) came to New Zealand, where I live with 11 or 12 of their children.
Jocelyn

Offline boys-hall

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 07 November 19 13:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,  I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about Boys Hall and also Thomas Boys of Boys Hall? Thank you

Offline WOLVERHAMPTON HIGGS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 04 August 20 20:47 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am looking for information on Robert Boys, born 1778 in Sandwich, Kent, to William (occupation Surgeon) and Jane. Robert became a Major in the Royal Marines and never married. He lived in Southwark, London. I believe he may have illegitimately fathered a child, Robert Rushbury to Sarah Rushbury in 1806. The birth is in parish registers in Lambeth, recorded incorrectly with the surname 'Rusby'. When Robert Rushbury later married, he mentioned that Robert Boys was his father.
I would like to find out more about him and his family, if anyone has any records about them please?

Thank you