Author Topic: Mawby - Long Lawford. A puzzle! *COMPLETED*  (Read 19438 times)

Offline Slipper

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mawby - Long Lawford. A puzzle! *COMPLETED*
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 22 December 16 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Charlie
I've looked up my records on the Matthews family and according to them, your Thomas Matthews who married Mary Liggins on 1.5.1788 in Newbold on Avon was the brother of my ancestor, Richard.  I think they were both born in Long Lawford or Newbold and were baptised in Newbold.  Thomas was baptised 16.12.1739 and was the son of William Matthews and Mary Brown who were married 9.12.1723 at Newbold.  William was the son of John and Elizabeth Matthews.  John was born in 1683 and was the son of John who was born in 1660.  (Most of this is from the Newbold on Avon church records).

I don't know much about the Drakeley family other than they appear to be from Nuneaton and Bathsheba was the daughter of William Drakeley and Hannah Dewell.  Bathsheba and William lived in Long Lawford until their deaths.

I don't know much about the Green family either other than your Thomas was the son of Thomas (born about 1835 in Bletsoe, Bedfordshire) and Elizabeth (who was born about 1837 in Riseley, Bedfordshire).  In 1871 they were living in Stoke Albany, Northamptonshire.

Hope this is of some help.

Slipper
Mawby, Warwickshire: Osborne, Gloucestershire & Brixton; Porter, Woolwich; Cocksedge, Badwell Ash; Carrier, Trowbridge.