Author Topic: Frances Nichols Hanna aka Fan Nichols  (Read 1184 times)

Offline maggiev

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Frances Nichols Hanna aka Fan Nichols
« on: Thursday 26 January 12 08:02 GMT (UK) »
Seeking information about the author Fan Nichols whose married name was Frances Nichols Hanna. She wrote pulp fiction - tough hardboiled noire romances- she was published in the 1930s, 1940s and 50s , and I believe in the 60s. Fan lived New York in the late 40s and through the 50s. Probably born around 1914. She had been a song plugger in a Portland Oregon music shop ( ie a piano player who played the sheet music  in a music store to promote its sale) before going to New York. She had contacts in Hollywood, and may have written some film scripts during the 1950s/60s.
Any information about birth, family, marriage(s) ( known married name Hanna), husband, children, death would be welcome. Anything at all.
I have a full list of her books and stories, it is the personal information that I would love to have.
Many thanks, Maggie

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.