Author Topic: Lambs of Kippen and McLarens of Kincardine  (Read 1797 times)

Offline RMcLaren

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lambs of Kippen and McLarens of Kincardine
« on: Friday 27 January 12 03:27 GMT (UK) »

Hi, I'm looking for information on a Catherine Lamb of the parish of Kippen. and a Archibald McLaren of Kirklane in Kincardine by Doune, they married in 1806 and had a son, John McLaren a year later and another son Archibald sometime around 1814 possibly in St. Johns New Brunswick. Anymore info in regards to parentage ect. would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards, Ross.

Offline DShephard

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Lambs of Kippen and McLarens of Kincardine
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 31 January 13 21:47 GMT (UK) »
Greetings from Saint John, New Brunswick.  I do not have any information about Catherine and Archibald McLaren.  I believe that they would be my ggg grandparents.  Their daughter was Mary Lamb McLaren born in Scotland about 1809 and died 1 Feb 1860 in Southfield, New Brunswick.  She married Andrew Malcolm in 1837.  They are my gg grandparents. 
It would appear that Catherine and Archibald were in New Brunswick to apply for a grant of land, but went back to Scotland.  Mary Lamb and Andrew and family came to settle this grant in 1858.  I do have information about those who came to Canada and their descendants.
Donald Malcolm Shephard

Offline fifer1947

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 February 13 18:07 GMT (UK) »
I have an Elizabeth Lamb bn 29 Aug 1811 Kincardine m John Stewart banns called 5 Dec Kincardine marriage 17 Dec 1841 Kippen she was the daughter of James Lamb [Port of Menteith] and Elizabeth nee McFarlane [Aberfoyle]    John Stewart was also born in Kincardine [Thornhill]  Her father is given as Inn Keeper (but where is anyone's guess)  Elizabeth [widowed] died in Stirling 13 Nov 1892.  John and Elizabeth had 3 sons, Walter, John and James.

I can't see any Catherines in Elizabeth's family but maybe a uncle's family?  I seem to recall Lamb's in both Kincardine and Kilmadock parishes, unusual name for the area so highly likely they were related in some way.
Ireland, Co Antrim: Kerr; Hollinger; Forsythe; Moore
Ireland, Co Louth: Carson; Leslie
Ireland, Co Kerry: Ferris
Scotland, Perthshire/Glasgow:  Stewart
England, Devon/Cornwall: Ferris, Gasser/Jasser/Jesser, Norman

Offline RMcLaren

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 March 16 18:03 GMT (UK) »
Greetings from Saint John, New Brunswick.  I do not have any information about Catherine and Archibald McLaren.  I believe that they would be my ggg grandparents.  Their daughter was Mary Lamb McLaren born in Scotland about 1809 and died 1 Feb 1860 in Southfield, New Brunswick.  She married Andrew Malcolm in 1837.  They are my gg grandparents. 
It would appear that Catherine and Archibald were in New Brunswick to apply for a grant of land, but went back to Scotland.  Mary Lamb and Andrew and family came to settle this grant in 1858.  I do have information about those who came to Canada and their descendants.
Donald Malcolm Shephard

Wow can't believe I'm only just seeing your message after all this time! Do you have any info on where abouts in Scotland Archibald and Catherine returned to? or maybe a death certificate for Mary? any help would be much appreciated as I have hit a bit of a brick wall with my paternal line.