Author Topic: Thomas Jennings  (Read 9775 times)

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Jennings
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 18 February 12 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,
I agree with your deductions having now found the reference on familysearch. Some of these entries are member submitted but this one is collected so more reliable.
This makes the burial I collected from Berkshire Burial Index relevant.
Thatcham St Marys  John Flitter 12 Sept 1841 age 47 of Cold Ash
Also the 1841 that I collected from my unindexed commercial cd
107/25/17/8/page 11
Cold Ash
John Fritter 45 aglab yes

Vic
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline Dave26

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 19 February 12 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello Vic.
First, did you know that Ancestry now have quite a few images of the 1911 census for London on their site. I have loads, both on my Father's and Mother's sides of the family. Shortly I will be spending a morning in the library just downloading entries. Do you have any that you want? Let me know and I will see if they are there.

I have come to the conclusion that there are 2 Flitter/Fritter families in Thatcham at the same time. From familysearch there is a James Fritter with spouse Matha. Can't find a birth for this James. I have found 4 sons so far with the same names as your Flitter family. Joseph and Benjamin, chr. 30 June 1765, John chr. 15 May 1769 and William chr. 21 May 1780. Can't find a marriage for James and Matha, probably around 1765 ish. I would think that the 2 families are related in some way back beyond 1750 or so.

Dave
Jennings-Berks,London
Hopping-Plymouth,Uxbridge,London
Jones-Cardiganshire, London
Wartski-Poland,London

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 19 February 12 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave,
I have sent you a private message.
Vic
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline nedda

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 22 December 17 23:46 GMT (UK) »
" William 1798-1886 marr Ann/Hannah Liddiard = 8 children. "

Vic

Hi, I have stumbled upon this old chat and are interested as I am looking into the Flitter family and believe the line  I am chasing is John, son of William and Hannah Liddiard.

Many Thanks for any information.

Walford - Over Stowey, Somerset
Harrold/Harold- Armagh, Australia
Durkan/Durcan, Leviston - Armagh
Pinker - Box & Christian Malford, Wiltshire
Hadfield - Mellor, Derbyshire
Sullivan - Tralee, Ireland
Kilchrist/Killchrist/Gilchriest/Gilchrist - West Riding Yorkshire, Lancashire & Australia

Offline Dave26

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 10:51 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Nedda. I have checked my records but didn't find anything other than he was the son of William and Hannah.
Jennings-Berks,London
Hopping-Plymouth,Uxbridge,London
Jones-Cardiganshire, London
Wartski-Poland,London