Author Topic: John WITTER  (Read 18012 times)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: John WITTER
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to activate an old post.
Please do not apologise, I am sure the members will be delighted to hear from you :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Billcoleman

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Monday 11 June 18 06:28 BST (UK) »
I lived close to the Witters in Granville.My brothers and I were friends of Sally Murray and old Mrs Witter where we kept our horses.She had enough land with a creek running through it.Her home had many old sewing machines.She told us they were French Jews.We did handyman jobs for her and she made us cups of tea.A very lovely and intelligent person.

Offline Witters of Halsall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 20 July 19 00:56 BST (UK) »
I am replying to a 2012 post about John Witter. I am currently researching the family of Richard Witter and Ellen Hastie. I know at least one family member came to Australia, Alice Critchley whose mother was Annie Hastie Witter. Alice was born Lancashire 1894/5 and married a chap called Rahardt in Bathurst in 1925. Keen to learn more.
I am currently writing a book about the Witter and Whittier families of Lancashire and Cheshire, and in particular the family of Thomas Witter (c. 1700, Wrightington) and descendants from Halsall. You can learn more about my search on my Witter from Halsall thread.
Any Witter information would be very helpful. I have already catalogued and researched between 2,000 and 3,000 Witters and Whitter’s and am sorting them into family units now.
Dennis
Witter of Halsall

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 20 July 19 11:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Dennis,

When you reply to posts on RootsChat an email notification is sent out to the members to let them know so they should be notified of your reply.

If you put "witter" into the RootsChat search box you will see the other topics, there are about 50 on this surname.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Witters of Halsall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Thursday 25 November 21 21:54 GMT (UK) »
In 2019, I posted that I was reply to a 2012 post. (see 2019 post). I have since been contacted by related people and now have the story of John Witter and his ancestors. Thanks go to Bill Witter of Essex and John Wilson of Dubbo for their contributions. Sadly, both passed away over the last two years.