Author Topic: Parents of David Wood, born 1831 Fetteresso  (Read 4883 times)

Offline Rosehill132

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Parents of David Wood, born 1831 Fetteresso
« on: Saturday 28 January 12 23:14 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to trace the parents, and specifically mother, of my GG Grandfather David Wood, who was born at Fetteresso on 7 Sept 1831.  His father also called David was born on 28 May 1796 (according to an old family birthdays book m father inherited) but I don't know where. He died at Durris on 6 Jan 1885.

His wife as Margaret who sems to ave been born c. 1793, but I have no further information including a maiden name???

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of David Wood, born 1831 Fetteresso
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 January 12 01:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Am I right in assuming that his mothers name is not shown on his death cert?

Did David jnr marry in or after 1855 as his marriage cert should show his mothers name and also her maiden name

Have you seen this IGI entry?

DAVID WOOD   Birth:  07 DEC 1831   

Christening:  24 DEC 1831   Fetteresso, Kincardine, Scotland
Father:  DAVID WOOD   Mother:  MARGARET WOOD 
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline wozzle

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 January 12 02:46 GMT (UK) »
according to the 1851 census david and his wife margaret were both born at fetteresso
cattell,alcester
vickers,sulgrave
hewish,holborn
manley,bethnal green
barnes,bassingbourn

Offline Rosehill132

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 January 12 11:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks guys - was getting my Margaret's mixed up - schoolboy error - have sorted it now.

Through the son David Wood (who died 28.04.1912 at Banchory) I have established that his mother ws Margaret Wood - what had me confused was her maiden name was also Wood.  I have traced back her birth now through the OPR (christened 08.10.1792 at Fetteresso) - her father was James Wood, no mther listed in the OPR.

I should have said I already had the earlier David Wood's death cert from 1885 - parents listed as John Wood, farmer (dec'd) and Margaret Wood (ms Edwards also dec'd).

Cheers

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 July 16 16:04 BST (UK) »
Have you purchased the Will of James Wood of Woodburden, Parish of  Fetteresso 5 Feb 1821?  It may hold some answers. His wife may have been Margaret Barclay. They may have had another son called Lt. James Wood of Woodburden, who had a Will 31 Dec 1818.

I am also interested, as Barclay relatives inherited from the Wood family of Woodburden as well.
Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.
Banks: farmer/curriers/shoemakers, East Ham, Bermondsey, East End