Author Topic: Robertson family.  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Brosie

• RootsChat Member
  • it's the roots that make the branches sparkle.
    • View Profile
Robertson family.
« on: Saturday 28 January 12 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Hoping for any information on my great grand uncle John Robertson coal miner,
born Irvine 1868, residing in Kilwinning in the 1901 census, sometime between
then and the 1911 census he moves to Stirling, living in lower crags, one of his
daughters Jemima marries a miner William George in 1920, their addresses on the
marriage certificate is north end Cambusbarron, reading two books on Cambusbarron
loaned by a friend, and searching S.P. to see if any of John Robertson's other girls
married in Stirlingshire, any information would be of great help.
                                                                                                regards Brosie.   
BOYD. BRODIE. CLOSS. Morrison. Kennedy. ROBERTSON. AYRSHIRE.  GEORGE. PATTON. STEWART. ALEXANDER. CARSON. HALL. BOYD. NORTHERN IRELAND. KIE BLACKSTOCK WIGTOWNSHIRE.

Offline Mcsqueel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robertson family.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 December 16 04:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
 The John Robertson referred to in your query is my great great grandfather. I'm the product of one of his others daughters.
 As I've only recently started this side of my family tree his father is as far as I've gotten and being overseas doesn't make it any easier. My grandmother (John's granddaughter) passed away some years ago so I've not had the luxury of any insight from anyone else. If you wouldn't mind at if all possible would you mind sending me a message with John's family history/ancestors?
Its been 6 years since this was posted so I'm unsure if you're still interested in the information you were looking for. If you are I have a copy of my great grandmother's wedding certificate, mid 1920s and the address is also listed as north end Cambusbarron. Id be more than happy to email you a copy.
Cheers Ally

Offline Brosie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 January 17 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ally, have managed to get back as far as John Robertson b 1834 Stranraer no birth certificate
though, so there's the brick wall. Have a few certificates for his son John Robertson before and after Stirling.
 He would be my 2nd great uncle, I am aware he lost two of his daughters Isabella and Jemima (sadly) very young, the last son I believe? was born 1914.
Roots chat has  a rule we can't PM each other till you make three posts I think?
Glad to help if I can, as I have had tons of help from others.
                                                                                      Brosie.

BOYD. BRODIE. CLOSS. Morrison. Kennedy. ROBERTSON. AYRSHIRE.  GEORGE. PATTON. STEWART. ALEXANDER. CARSON. HALL. BOYD. NORTHERN IRELAND. KIE BLACKSTOCK WIGTOWNSHIRE.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 January 17 00:58 GMT (UK) »
Hoping for any information on my great grand uncle John Robertson coal miner,
born Irvine 1868, residing in Kilwinning in the 1901 census, sometime between
then and the 1911, and searching S.P. to see if any of John Robertson's other girls
married in Stirlingshire
, any information would be of great help.                                                                                         

Hi Brosie,

Names of the daughters with birth yrs/places of birth/mother's name & maiden name would be helpful.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Mcsqueel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Brosie,
This should be my third post and enable you to message me.
I've managed to find John  Robertson 1834 and also a few traces of his father born 1791.
I'm unsure how rootschat works completely. It's only been an added digging reference for me along with many others in my new found obsession.
I've also a picture of the daughter I referred to in my first post to you and her husband if you'd like a look.
It would appear we are distantly related.
It's very late in Australia. I'm off to bed. From my understanding you'll be able to message me now.
All the best.
Ally.

Offline Brosie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 21 January 17 23:09 GMT (UK) »
PM sent Ally, check (My Messages ) at the top of the page.
                                                       Goodnight and regards Brosie.