Author Topic: Ball Family  (Read 19668 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ball Family
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 09 July 15 22:53 BST (UK) »
Yipee  found my great great grandparents marriage in Booterstown on the new register  13th Jan 1862
Thomas Dingle son of Patrick and Ellen Mooney of Baldoyle to
Margaret Howell dtr of Christopher and Maria Bride,Dundrum.
Wit
Peter Howell ,Dundrum and Honoria Cunningham,Dundrum.
Though the priest has clearly listed the name as Howell i know from all later records that their name is actually Howard also recorded on their headstone in Kilbarrick.
Have to thank either Gaffy or Hasta who directed me to the Booterstown Church about a year ago,my apologies i cant remember who.many thank's.

Dathai

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 01 May 16 12:40 BST (UK) »
just came upon this marriage in St Paul's Arran Quay

John Dingle to Eliza Doyle 29th June 1845
right hand page
http://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000633660#page/172/mode/1up

Offline MaryBall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 01 January 17 21:58 GMT (UK) »
To the lady who posted who I believe is the granddaughter of Charles Ball, after researching on ancestry.co.uk your Grandfather is the brother of my Grandfather Christopher Ball, Christopher went on to marry Marry and they had 4 boys Michael Ball,James Ball, Patrick Ball and Terence Ball who is my father so surprised to find out we have relatives we didn't even know about

Offline MaryBall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 22 January 17 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi
    I am a descendant of Thomas Dingle and Margaret Howard origns Baldoyle since 1760s and Fairfield ,Glasnevin their descendants are neighbours of the Ball family 1901 and 1911 including my grandmother Mary Kennedy age 12 staying with the Dingle's in 1901.
They had a son Thomas born circa 1867 and i was wondering if he is the same Thomas married to Jane Ball whos children appear on Irish Genealogy 1894 to 1899 and 1901 Census of  10 Cumberland St listed as
Thomas Dingle age 33
Jane age 32 nee Ball
Anne age 1
Anne Ball age 81 mother in law ,is this your James mother? by 1911 this family seem obliterated with two of the children buried Glasnevin Thos Joseph born 1898 died 3months Margaret born 1894 died 1898 age 3
Anne born 1899 may be at 12 Main St,Celbridge with a sister ? Kate in foster care? in 1911.
Thomas the father seems to be back with the Dingle family in Findlater St in 1911 but he has'nt aged much since 1901
Jane appears to be buried in Glasnevin in 1909 age 37.
any thoughts on this connection or just coincidence.

Hi,
James Ball is my great grandfather, my grandfather is Christopher Ball living with the family at Millbourne avenue in 1911 census, do you know anything about the rest of the children in that house and where they went on to in life trying to find out more about my ancestors.
Kind regards,
Mary Ball

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline ANNMARIE BROWN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 28 February 18 12:49 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone have more info on the Mc Donnell family mentioned in the posts? I'm not sure how this site works as I would like to reply to dathi.

Offline candotout

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 18 February 20 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I'm picking up a very old thread about the Ball and Dingle families.

I have far too much material to post in just one shot. It covers the families Ball, Dingle, Moore, O'Neill for over 10 generations and across 4 continents.

28/01/1894 Thomas Dingle married Jane Ball on (daughter of John Ball & Anne Ball - née Kearns). Amongst other children (Margaret - 17/11/1894, Mary Teresa - 01/08/1896, Thomas Joseph - 16/06/1897), they had Anne Eva (29/10/1899), Kathleen (23/08/1905) and Christine (28/12/1907).
Anne & Kathleen were placed in foster-care at Cellbridge, Co Kildare. Christine became a domestic servant in England.

Anne/Annie Eva (won a lottery & bought a shop & house) married Richard Moore in 1920. They were friendly with & entertained Joe Lawless, Sean T O'Casey, Dan Breen & Frank Aiken in their house on the North Circular Road  (5 children: Maria/Maire, Kathleen/Kay, Carmel, Eamonn, Bernadette/Bernie). Later moved the shop to the Whitworth Rd & home to St Bridgids Rd.

Kathleen married Joseph/Joe McDermott in 1938 (no children).

Christine married Horace Gruby in 1942 (1 daughter, Patricia - married to John B Rose in 1964)

If any of this is of interest, let me know & I'll try to find time to post more.