Author Topic: Looking for more on this family... NEW BRUNSWICK  (Read 75848 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for more on this family... NEW BRUNSWICK
« Reply #27 on: Friday 03 February 12 19:14 GMT (UK) »
Popping in here and there, as am busy...I forgot about first families...http://www.nbgs.ca/firstfamilies/FAMILY-G-2006.pdf Jacques-Phillippe, here called dit Bellefeuille, son Daniel, his son Toussant at centre of pdf... their sources listed after, are likely the source of the submissions we found.

Oh dear, more dit to add to the name
Daniel (Godin) Bellefontaine dit Bellefeuille  / Jacques Philippe Godin dit Bellefontaine dit Bellefeuille
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 03 February 12 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Oh, you are going to be so happy the family you found was correct, Frances was a brother!!! Suzanne King 3/4 way down page ( or use keyword Boniface in the upper middle find next on page )
http://www.nbgs.ca/firstfamilies/FAMILY-K-2006.pdf

Joseph Roy or King b. Feb  19 1792, parents Charles Boniface Roy & Helene Ann Martin
married June 5 1816 to
Marie Madeleine Bouchard b. Nov. 5 1790 La Pocatiere, parents Joseph Antoine Bouchard & Marie Joseph(te) Moreau

Suzanne August 9 1826  other siblings on page!!

Was Marie Elizabeth who married Joseph a sister of Asaiah? Perhaps she can be followed to connect her, at least that would be a start of help if same family. I am also at a loss as to why Isaac King is in her household as he seems to not be a close relative...
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Great Grandpa William Hillman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 03 February 12 19:46 GMT (UK) »
YES!! Thats great... well done!!
I'm very pleased that worked out!  ;D

Doling- Middlesex/London +Hants, Morgan- London/Middlesex +Glouc, Vincent- London/Middlesex, Wambach (+Hamburg & Suffolk), Wadley & Wilkins.<br /><br />NORTHUMBERLAND; English, Huggup & Webster.<br />HANTS; Heath<br /><br />Any census info is crown copywright

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 03 February 12 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Oooh well done J.J.!!!

More help for my searches! I will work on it and report anything I find. What an interesting thread!

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 03 February 12 23:50 GMT (UK) »
Somewhere in that bunch has still got to be your family, and I think we are still safe to post what we find... Daniel & Joseph, land grants 1799 http://archives.gnb.ca/APPS/GovRecs/RS686/Details.aspx?culture=en-CA&Key=40015

A fabulous mini bio of some family here, and according to this version, full name of your ancestor was Joseph Joachim Roy
"Charles and his family settled in Madawaska, where they built a log cabin on Lot 116 in Hamlin Plantation. The Roy home is currently being preserved at the Acadian Village in Van Buren...."
http://home.hiwaay.net/~dumont/RoyFamNotes.htm

Note also: Charles Boniface Roy married Helene Martin, the daughter of Jean Baptiste Martin and Helene Godin dit Bellefontaine.
and...you are indeed Metis ...quite a ways back but a wee bit of wonderful colouring may come through in some generations....  http://www.acadian-home.org/Marie-Aubois.html

I give you these sites to peruse, but no guarantees they are accurate and fully researched, you'll have to confirm with them the sources of their information...ie: Note your ancestor was left out of the list of children to Charles b.  http://fromwhence.tripod.com/roy_laliberte.htm

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 04 February 12 04:34 GMT (UK) »
According to one site we found Toussain was a son of Toussant, so Marie Elizabeth would have been a neice of Isaiah, if of course he was a son...Being in a household can perhaps make you family, but what if his real family was in an earlier household...as look at Isaac...as P.B. says the lack of relationships makes it all a guessing game...
http://irene-doyle-family.restigouche.net/tardif.htm Oh, can't wrap my brain around all this...look at the families of the families...coming around again...

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 05 February 12 21:15 GMT (UK) »
This looks like the baptism for Susanne King ....

As Susanne Boniface in the PR margin ...

09 Aug 1826
Susanne born today of the legitimate marriage of Joseph Roi (w/b Roy/King) dit Boniface farmer of this mission and Marie Magdeleine Bouchard. Godfather Joseph Dev??? and Godmother Marianne Syr who both declared they were unable to sign. Father was absent.
Added: At St Anne Mission.

From the Drouin Collection (Acadia) ... transcribed from the French.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 05 February 12 22:14 GMT (UK) »
Wow, P.B....Your efforts on behalf of Penn are above and beyond...what a great amount of trouble you've gone to for this thread...

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 05 February 12 22:35 GMT (UK) »
I almost fell off my chair as I thought we might be chasing the wrong family...read about page six and on to get really confused as probate files talk about Joseph Alexander and a different name for a wife, and a Suzanne born also 1826...But then I remembered oh, yeah, just like marie is a name given to French daughters before actual forenames, the boys may have Joseph as a first name... so this may have been Alexander?? Anyway, too much for my brain today...
Lots of information on here if you can follow it all...

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/n/e/l/John-Nelson-NH/PDFGENE2.pdf