Author Topic: Looking for more on this family... NEW BRUNSWICK  (Read 75847 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for more on this family... NEW BRUNSWICK
« Reply #36 on: Monday 06 February 12 15:48 GMT (UK) »
O.k. not thinking all these families will be listed in "first families" under dit or other versions of names so we need to consult what was already found before making p.B. do all that eye wrenching searching..
I'll post some here, but easy to consult any other pages by just changing the letter of the Alphabet in the url ( as a CAPITAL)
No Bellefeuille or Bellefontaine or Boniface listings...
Charles Boniface ROY and father Benoit ROY , etc...
http://www.nbgs.ca/firstfamilies/FAMILY-R-2006.pdf
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Great Grandpa William Hillman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 06 February 12 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Ok I am amazed at what you are both finding! Thank you so much  :-*
Although I must admit to getting more than a little confused with all the name changing!! Dit and Marie/Joseph the Roi/King the Boniface and the Bellefontaine! I need to find away to get it all in order!

So we have Susanne Kings baptism, thats great PB thanks... I heard from a researcher on Arcadians that the best source of info is 'Stephen A. White's Dictionnaire genealogique des familles acadiennes' Apparently there is a new volume due out though I don't know when.

J.J that info you found on Toussaint and Madaline's children was interesting, a few names that match with their children but not the dates.. is there a 41 census?
Doling- Middlesex/London +Hants, Morgan- London/Middlesex +Glouc, Vincent- London/Middlesex, Wambach (+Hamburg & Suffolk), Wadley & Wilkins.<br /><br />NORTHUMBERLAND; English, Huggup & Webster.<br />HANTS; Heath<br /><br />Any census info is crown copywright

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 06 February 12 16:26 GMT (UK) »
J.J.'s posts are providing me with great clues to work with  :).

The list of possible names is certainly growing. I think your best bet is to get out a big piece of paper and diagram the info out.

There was no 1841 census.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 06 February 12 16:56 GMT (UK) »
That submission I sent you to pages back has the family in order right down to the children...
but maybe it will be easier for you to follow from the children and back
Remember this is a submission, and may not be all that accurate...Note Francois is down twice. He also seems to use Xavier...Francis was his saints name...like Mary/Marie... so Jean/Joseph etc. can be dropped or kept...that is what I have been thinking regarding Isaiah...is he using his Christian birth name or his second name...  For instance...Looking at Nazairre...did he die, or could he be our man? So many ifs ands or butts we have to sift through...
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/SG26-BTK
Oh, hmmm, yeah that other site had an Edward, this one doesn't and lists 2 Francois as well...but dated properly....
http://irene-doyle-family.restigouche.net/tardif.htm
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 06 February 12 17:43 GMT (UK) »
Ah yes of course, Xavier! and you may be right on Nazaire. Unfortunate that there is no 41..
Doling- Middlesex/London +Hants, Morgan- London/Middlesex +Glouc, Vincent- London/Middlesex, Wambach (+Hamburg & Suffolk), Wadley & Wilkins.<br /><br />NORTHUMBERLAND; English, Huggup & Webster.<br />HANTS; Heath<br /><br />Any census info is crown copywright

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 06 February 12 21:14 GMT (UK) »

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 06 February 12 23:22 GMT (UK) »
Nazaire Godin and Susanne Roi were married 03 Feb 1844 at St Dunstan Fredericton. There was no parental info. From the Drouin Collection (Acadia)

The first child I have found for this couple is Mary Godin baptized 24 Jan 1846 at the same church. Parents as Nazere Godin and Susan King.

This birth would circumstantially match Madaline, the eldest child of Isaiah and Susan in the 1851 census, and for whom I haven't yet found a baptism.

Oh what a tangled web  ;D
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 04:32 GMT (UK) »
;D ;D ;D 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)
Yes!!  Well done, P.B.  but I forgot about the parents not listed on those marriages how sad is that? We're so close? How can we close this? Argh!

Madaline, Madeline, called Amandy 1871 , or Mandy in 1881...so she was, of course, Marie Madeline. sigh  :P
Don't see her in 1891 but don't see a marriage

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Ooooh so close now!! That is amazing nice work PB!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-*
 8) 8) 8) ;) ;) ;)

Shame there is no info on the parents, how do you get Isiah out of Naziere!?

thank you for the links J.J they are very interesting  :-*