Author Topic: Looking for baptism c1845  (Read 12607 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for baptism c1845
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 05 September 15 16:07 BST (UK) »
There are three Margaret Jones births registered in Tregaron in 1879, one in quarter 2, one q3 and one in q4. Could be any of them as we don't know how old she was when baptised. If you need / want the certificate you can specify parents must be Evan and Mary.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 05 September 15 16:09 BST (UK) »
Was her father marked as deceased?

No but that can't be guaranteed .....
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline alwills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 05 September 15 16:42 BST (UK) »
Was her father marked as deceased?

No but that can't be guaranteed .....

There is one other marriage between a Margaret Jones and a Thomas Parry unhelpfully dated as abt November in Aberystwyth. :(

Everything else tracks, the census data and parents. It's just her date of birth yet is hard to pin down. It might be that the relative got mixed up with the other Margaret Jones/Thomas Parry marriage and his Margaret Ann isn't my Margaret Ann. Unfortunately I have no way of contacting this relative now as he lost contact with the family after my mum moved in 2005/6. He may not even be alive any more as he was pushing 75 even then.

Though if he is wrong about MA, it doesn't explain the half sister Ann as he was correct about her (even remembers her funeral in 61 and visiting her as a child).

I think my next plan of action needs to be getting hold of death certificate and seeing what that says. Maybe the month and date will track but the year they believed her to born was out. I guess it does happen.
Tregaron - Jones (1700s -  )
Llanelli (Lanelly) - Parker, Williams, Rees, Jones (1800s - )
Benson (Bensington) - Saunders, Lane (1800s)
Dorking - Drayton (late 1800s)
Lambeth - Powers (mid 1800s)

Parkhurst prison officers 1898 - 1899

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 05 September 15 16:47 BST (UK) »
There's only 1 Thomas Parry - Margaret Jones marriage registered in Aberystwyth in the Dec quarter of 1902. You may have seen the marriage in the index (Dec quarter 1902, vol 11b, p99) which should match the record in the parish register where I got the details from. 

To guarantee her date of birth you'll need to get her birth certificate. Dates of death can be out....

Offline alwills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 05 September 15 17:00 BST (UK) »
There's only 1 Thomas Parry - Margaret Jones marriage registered in Aberystwyth in the Dec quarter of 1902. You may have seen the marriage in the index (Dec quarter 1902, vol 11b, p99) which should match the record in the parish register where I got the details from. 

To guarantee her date of birth you'll need to get her birth certificate. Dates of death can be out....

Yes just double checked and you're right :) [I'm going crossed eyed looking at all these entries  ;D ]

Her actual date of death I don't have. Her burial was on 9th Oct 1961.

I guess there is no way to be certain without the birth certificate.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 05 September 15 17:00 BST (UK) »
There's a marriage registered in Tregaron in March quarter 1886 of a Mary Jones and a Thomas Morgans (vol 11b, p86). Not in the parish records though so I can't find any more detail sorry.

Several Ann Morgans births registered in Tregaron, but I can't find a baptism to confirm. 

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 05 September 15 17:01 BST (UK) »
I guess there is no way to be certain without the birth certificate.

Afraid not ...

Offline alwills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 05 September 15 17:12 BST (UK) »
There's a marriage registered in Tregaron in March quarter 1886 of a Mary Jones and a Thomas Morgans (vol 11b, p86). Not in the parish records though so I can't find any more detail sorry.

Several Ann Morgans births registered in Tregaron, but I can't find a baptism to confirm.

According the census info I have found Ann was born Ann Jones in c.1883. The father wasn't living with them. Mary was still Mary Jones in 1891, though it doesn't rule out a marriage to morgans in between time.

Offline alwills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 05 September 15 17:22 BST (UK) »

Just to add I don't have Morgans first name, from what the family know there's isn't much info about him other than last name and he was believed to be Ann's father.