Author Topic: Eastwood family - travellers, Kent, 1860's  (Read 20381 times)

Offline ladynicotine

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eastwood family - travellers, Kent, 1860's
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 03 July 12 18:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Foxglove

I don't seem to have "your" Richard in my tree I'm afraid, & the only listings I've seen would be for the wrong generation.  I did find some useful information on the following website, which might give you additional avenues to try:

http://www.mandywillard.co.uk/surnames/eastwood/william_1714.htm

If you've not already done so, it's worth looking on IGI as well.  I've found a few useful leads there.  The real problem of course is that being travellars they didn't always register things officially.  And they did like keeping names in the family ???

Hope this helps.

LadyN
Eastwood - Kent/Sussex; Apted, Phillips- Sussex; Jermy - Norfolk; Grove - Buckinghamshire; Coles - London; Pilgrim, Harvey - Kent/Essex; Gambrell/Gambrill - Kent

Offline Teddington44

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 13 February 16 15:45 GMT (UK) »
In reply to an old post from Lady Nicotine.

My mother's side of the family are Hackers (not computer hackers) and in 1911 Mum's father is on the census as living in Dartford with Alfred and Caroline Slater and their son Jack. He was sent to them as his mother had died in 1910 and Alfred is his uncle.

My family had heard of the marriage of Alfred and I'm not sure if it wasn't a bit sensational then and it has become romanticised since. Do you know any more about the Slaters family rumours are that he did well for himself and was something of a 'big wig' in Dartford.

I know it was ages ago that you posted but anything you know would be welcome and likewise anything I can offer on the in-laws you are welcome to.

Offline Jo-Anne Cooper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 24 March 18 04:57 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find the parents of my 5th Great-Grandmother Ann Farndell

Ann Farndell
Birth1806 Robertsbridge, Sussex, England
Death18 Oct 1871 Tenterden, Kent, England

Spouse
John Breeds (1801-1875)
Married 1820