Author Topic: Photo - 1932 Royal School Raphoe - missing first names for pupils and teachers  (Read 3991 times)

Offline Irish girl 1987

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Does anyone know any of the missing first names of these pupils and teachers?

Front: W. Snodgrass, William Lowry, J. Morrow, P Hunter, K Parker, Z Alexander, R Holmes, W Jackson, D West.

2nd row: Miss Knox, Miss Hamilton, P Carlingford, Daisy Wilson, Maisie Starrett, Helen Graham, E Bonner, Mrs Armstrong, Mr Armstrong (headmaster) M Campbell, B Holmes, Mary Jane Graham, Robin Neely, P Hoeman, Miss Pink.

3rd row: I Harris, E Hyde, E. Alexander, Sally Arthur, E Vance, O Bogle, N McCusker, W Caskie, J Chambers, M McClintock, Mr P McGeehan

Back row: Mr Hogg, Jim McClintock, L. Knipe, R Arnold, Jim Neely, T Kennedy, T McKinney, G McClintock, E McCusker
Researching:
Donegal - Black Ewing Gibson Hodge Latta Linchahan Lucas McClean Ramsy
Donegal/NZ/AU - Ash(e) Lowry Moore Thompson
Cork/Dublin - Deane Hobbs Jeffers Kingston Levis Shorten Swanton Wolfe

Offline Peter Atkinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Photo - 1932 Royal School Raphoe - missing first names for pupils and teachers
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 December 15 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,I have been resarching the Atkinson's family tree from whitehead ,co antrim and in my great granny will
It says she died at the Royal School Rophoe at the age of 72yrs , why was she there?
 After losing her husband and her three son's she had only a daughter left her family it's looks likely that is went to live
With the daughter  she was named after her mother  ( Juanita ) and she married a Mr Armstrong  ( Thomas Alfred  )
I do believe this them.
They were church of ireland  am just wondering were her grave is
 Hope this helps  best wishes on your resarch

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Photo - 1932 Royal School Raphoe - missing first names for pupils and teachers
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 December 15 07:31 GMT (UK) »
Her probate 1935 on P R O N I  wills mentions John McKinnon Donnelly
perhaps this young man here
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Clifton__Belfast_Urban_No__2/Willowbank_Street/134834/

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 09 December 15 08:02 GMT (UK) »
from the main photo names at top Mr and Mrs Armstrong were obviously her daughter and son in law ,headmaster.

Offline Peter Atkinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 09 January 16 18:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to datai for sending me all the information about my great grandmother Juanita Constance Atkinson and because of that information she is buried with her husband James and her son Henry. I am so thankful .
When I replied to the names of the pupils and teachers on the photo of the royal school rophoe I said Mr and Mrs Armstrong  ( Headmaster ) Thomas Alfred & Juanita are my family members. This is who am researching now
I have found Thomas Alfred Armstrong retired school teacher come back to his home land of Islandmegee and died in 24/1/1967 his effects was left in the hands of a belfast solicitor  and a I cannot find everything of his wife Juanita,  daughter of Juanita Constance Atkinson can anyone help. Best wishes to everyone. Many thanks

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 09 January 16 19:46 GMT (UK) »
Probate record lists 2 addresses for Thomas Alfred Armstrong- PRONI should have copy of his Will and estate paperwork which might mention wife, etc.
Armstrong, Thomas Alfred of Derrylonan House Cookstown county Tyrone and of Uplands Islandmagee county Antrim retired schoolteacher died 24 January 1967 at Moyle Hospital Larne county Antrim Probate Belfast 9 July to Robert Valentine Gregson solicitor. Effects £2727 8s.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!