Author Topic: PHILLIPS, John emigrated to Newfoundland, Canada  (Read 4919 times)

Offline Nora276

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PHILLIPS, John emigrated to Newfoundland, Canada
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Sending a great big Thank You! for all the help I've been receiving from Polarbear and Carole W...It sure is a good feeling to actually have others who are able to help with my research.

Kindest regards,

Nora Phillips :)

Offline kovel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 February 12 00:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi, found the following which maybe helpful

Harbour Grace Anglican Baptism Records 1817 - 1820
John son of John & Sarah Phillips, Colliers, Birth 2 Jul 1816 Baptism 5 Jun 1817

Regards.

Offline Nora276

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 14 September 15 04:38 BST (UK) »
Hello to Kovel and again thank you..It's been several months since I've been in contact and just wanted to update as to my search - I do have the details you shared with me regarding the baptism of son, John in 1817 to parents, John & Sarah Phillips residents of Colliers (my hometown)..the baptism took place in Harbour Grace, approximately 40 kilometers from their community...I've yet to make an actual connection to my family but my "gut" tells me most definitely..I do know my paternal Grandfather's name is, John Thomas b. 1881 and his father/my GrGrandfather's name is John Patrick, b. 1852..I haven't been able to get back any further with this family..there were two other children/sons baptized at Harbour Grace to John & Sarah Phillips - William Brazill b. 1814/bapt. 1820 and Job b. 1824/bapt. 1825..I found these records online but also records held at the Archives located at The Rooms in St. John's, NL...as for my GrGrandmother, Ellen (McGrath) Phillips b. abt. 1851, I haven't found any details as to her family in Colliers..there are several families in Colliers and the smaller communities/towns within the area..thank you..Regards, Nora.