Author Topic: STONE/LIVERMORE - EASTWOOD CHURCH  (Read 6586 times)

Offline elzabels

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: STONE/LIVERMORE - EASTWOOD CHURCH
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Maybe this thread needs to be moved to the TRAVELLERS

1891 RG12 1379 72 17
Sarah LIVERMORE is shown as a widow Licensed Hawker b Cambridge 1868

encamped with the BUCKLEY's and others on Tilbury Common, check the pages of the census....

Suggets you google Sarah LIVERMORE, there is information which will assist in your search

http://
romanygenes.webeden.co.uk/#/notes-queries-jgls/4538350814

If you go to the site tool bar select search and type in LIVERMORE, you will also find other posts on this family

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,348424.0.html

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 07 February 12 12:24 GMT (UK) »
1891 RG12 1379 72 17
Sarah LIVERMORE is shown as a widow Licensed Hawker b Cambridge 1868

Please see reply #2 above

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline social-butterflies

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 06 March 12 20:02 GMT (UK) »
hi.
try the threads with these headings.,....

brooks, lambs, andersons.
bohemia eatates eastwood, eastwood church.
good luck
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
smith (inc epping forest)
heron
bibby

Offline caro c

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 08 March 12 07:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I may be able to help you as I have them in my family tree I'll have a look at the info I have and get back to you also if there is anything else I can help with my main line is Brooks but I have Lamb ,livermore, Scarrott , draper to name a few in there as well.
Caro
Brooks,Lamb, livermore, Buckley, Scarrott, Draper

Offline carlj123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 01 January 16 05:11 GMT (UK) »

See my post, think we may have same family

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=738113.0

Offline Holly Bee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 16 June 16 23:57 BST (UK) »
Annie Livermore and Elias Stone were my great great grandparents! Have some info on the Stone side but not on the Livermore...

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 17 June 16 09:34 BST (UK) »

There is an Annie Livermore baptism on the link below - parents Thomas & Sarah Ann but the area was wrong and the only Thomas Livermore death in Essex was well after the 1891 census

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XK84-H9M

This is likely to be the Annie whose birth was registered in the Romford district (includes Barking) Q4 1887. There is a death for Annie Livermore age 2 also in Romford district Q1 1890.

The only Annie Livermore reg Colchester district was Q1 1891, which seems rather too late.

No sign of a registration at all for Joseph - not as Livermore anyway and very few Josephs in the right time frame in Rochford district. He was 6 months on the 1891 census so birth about sept/Oct 1890
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 17 June 16 10:05 BST (UK) »
My theory is that Sarah was unmarried, she said she was a widow for appearance's sake. Either the children were unregistered (except possibly James), registered under father's surname (which may not be the same for all children) or given the itinerant lifestyle not registered in the district where they were born.

Sarah said she was born in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, again she may not know with any accuracy where she was born, if her mother / parents were also moving around a lot. But it could well place her in Cambs rather than Essex.

My best candidate for Sarah is one born in Royston, living in Barkway Road Royston in 1871. At this time the Herts / Cambs boundary chopped the town in two. It was moved north (controversially) to give the northern part to Herts about 10 years later.
Sarah age 4 is with her mother (also Sarah age 32) and siblings Mary Ann age 8 and John age 1 (it looks as if 15 months has been scratched out). They are living with Edward Forby (?) age 40 described as lodger, unmarried, occupation hawker. Sarah is also described as lodger, her status is described as mother which has been crossed out an ditto added, i.e unmarried same as Edward above. There is no head of household, Edward is the first named as occupier, but it may have been so temporary occupation he described himself as lodger. The house is the third one in the Barkway road list after the end of the High Street. I suspect they've been demolished for the one way system and the "bus station". There are some small terraced houses prob mid Victorian a little further up Barkway road, which could be of similar type.
Sarah senior is said to be born in Melbourn, Cambs which at the time would have been on the direct road from Royston to Cambridge. Mary Ann was also born in Melbourn, Sarah jnr and John in Royston.
Given age, location and occupation of mother's partner (and possibly natural father) this could be the Sarah who was in Tilbury in 1891.

added
I think Edward Fourby is actually Edmund Yourby, I think I have found him in 1881 living in Cambridge (St Andrew the Less) with wife Mary Ann 44 b Steeple Morden Cambs and daughter Elizabeth 10 b Royston. He is still born Potton Beds and still a hawker.
No sign of Sarah Livermore and children, she could have moved in with someone else and either married or adopted his surname.

In 1861 Edmund Yourby is living with Sarah Livermore (no children yet) in Melbourn. He's a gardener and she is his "lodger"
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 17 June 16 12:59 BST (UK) »
There is a Sarah Livermore birth registered Royston Sept quarter Q3 1867, which fits the daughter of Sarah snr (and possiby Edmund Yourby) and the birthdate for the Sarah Livermore on gravestone mentioned in original post.