Author Topic: Link: FamilySearch a Guide to British and Irish Batches Archersoftware  (Read 7179 times)

Offline mickmack1942

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A bit of old Blarney castle
    • View Profile
Link: FamilySearch a Guide to British and Irish Batches Archersoftware
« on: Friday 10 February 12 16:16 GMT (UK) »
   I do know know if any one else has seen it but I found an IGI batch number searcher its called

http://www.archersoftware.co.uk/igi/index.htm .......

I found it usefull the way its been set out.
Pringle..N-yorks.  Swann..Nthamptonshire. Newman..Wilts.  Whites...Surrey/london.  Filce..London/surrey.  McCarthy...Co Cork Eire.
Atkinson...N-Yorks.    Irvine... Sothern England
Cook...glouc/shire.    Alderton... Thingoe/Suffolk

Offline Peter Spencer

• RootsChat Extra
  • To a genealogist a step backwards is progress
    • View Profile
Link: FamilySearch a Guide to British and Irish Batches Archersoftware
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 June 13 13:32 BST (UK) »
Archer Software has created a website which has extracted the births, marriages and deaths batches from the LDS IGI website for England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

On the menu on the left click on the name of the country you wish to search; note there are only a few Irish counties available and that old county names have been used for England, Scotland and Wales.

Next click the name of the county on the list or on its name on the map. This will take you to an alphabetical list of parishes.

Please note that some parishes have moved from one county to another so for example if you are looking at Bournemouth which is now in Dorset you have to look under Hampshire.

Some parishes are listed under there old or previous names for example if you are looking for Brighstone, Isle of Wight which comes under Hampshire (they were one county up until 1890) you have to look for Brixton.

Having selected the parish and batch number you are given the option of entering a surname.

On the next screen you are offered several options: entering first name(s), places of birth, marriage or burial, dates from/to and/or names of other people connected either parents or spouses.

If searching the selected batch does not produce the answer you are seeking you can delete the batch number from the search and enter data in other boxes to try and find what you are looking for.

If you are unable to find a marriage by searching under the name of the groom try searching under the name of the bride.

As names may have been spelt in different ways it is advisable to not tick the “match exactly” boxes.

I have no connection with this website but I have found it quite useful and fairly user friendly.

Peter
Spencer, Svombo, Barry, Pardey, Rolf, Whitewood, Wadham, Cotton, Cooper, Fry, Wheeler, Whillier, Willier, Eldridge