Author Topic: Doyles of Carrick Slavin, near Carrick-on-Shannon  (Read 17849 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Doyles of Carrick Slavin, near Carrick-on-Shannon
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 06 March 12 02:04 GMT (UK) »
No problem...
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline caomhin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 28 April 13 15:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Just coming back since last time in case you have more info on your DOYLE'S - I'm looking for a MICHAEL JOHN with a JOHN as his named  father. Possible that the family had a small shop. Time line somewhere after 1900 and up to 1926 or so - then he left Ireland. Possible family troubles suspected,  since no contact following. Thanks.

Moderator Note- see also:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,577718

Offline PaulOBrien

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 18 September 16 20:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Jim....Not sure if you still checking but hopefully pick up on this....PM me and we can see if have links if you wish? Many Thanks, Paul

Offline PaulOBrien

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Obriens and Doyles of Carrick Slavin, near Carrick-on-Shannon
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 26 September 18 14:14 BST (UK) »
Hi There all, have been busy on family things (in my own life and moved location) I helped find a grave for a friend in Canada this week and visitined staff who very helpfull - their relative grave was unmarked but records are spot on so exact location was found..grave is located in Belfast (where I am now located, and if anyone needs a hand give me a message - in my friends case the death was reported in a local paper and cemertery named so was not so hard in fairness)  - i am hoping someone can help me also. I am unsure if more records have been uploaded or available since I last was on this forum...but figured I do a quick check if anyone in Roscommon Area can help ....I am still looking for Henry O'Briens Grave died 29 May 1922, ( aged 22) My familiy remembers he was burried in 'Lurga' or Lurgan...he was born in Leitrim town and his parents I am sure were living in Leitrim towon ...I had a friend check Leitrim library and no record of him. My gut tells me he maybe buried in Aughrim (Lurga a townland back in the day) as his grandad (also a Henry) had a farmhouse there in census (and one of his grandsons - William - Henry jnrs brother born in US was in the house at last census released). I have tried newpapers, and even contacted the school principal in Leitrim town who promised to ask parents and local church..I heard nothing back...not maybe newspapers were published in May/June 1922 else none are in National Archives...I have checked...he died in Belfast, so assume interred maybe 3 days later in Roscommon near his parents house in leitrim town else up towards his grandads in Aughrim...I mailed previously churches in area with no joy...Henry was R.C. demonination...fingers crossed maybe someone can help as I revist my roots....P.S. I suspect his graveyard is unmarked...else he in his grandads grave and maybe not listed....On another note I cannot find a grave of his parents - Patrick and Sarah O'Brien (nee McCormick)- they moved to England after 1922 and returned few years later to Carrick town...their grave I have been told is close too their but appears it has been reused ...is that possible?..again I contacted some parishes but no joy and they for sure were burried in 1940s'50s? P.S. My friend in Canada (origionally from Roscommon) mentioned a man named Clifton Snow may be able to help?   

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 26 September 18 16:07 BST (UK) »

Offline PaulOBrien

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 25 October 19 14:38 BST (UK) »
Unsure...I have OBriens from Leitrim/Roscommon but only starting back into it all again - and prior 1922 mostly - I have a tree on ancestry if you like to PM me I can add if of help, who knows....

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 25 October 19 18:36 BST (UK) »

Henry O'Brien  died 29 May 1922 in Mater Hospital Dublin... what is on his Death Cert??

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 25 October 19 21:49 BST (UK) »

If he was shot not far from the Cullingtree Rd police station in Belfast  but died of his wounds the next day in the Mater Hospital......why did they bring him to Dublin instead of a Belfast Hospital?

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile