Author Topic: Penang Malaysia  (Read 3325 times)

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Penang Malaysia
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 February 12 03:30 GMT (UK) »
Shaun,

Can you please confirm if the Calendar states that the will was proved at the Principal Registry?  If I can quote where it was proved, when and by whom, in the application to my local office, it will speed the process for obtaining a copy;  otherwise, it's likely to be delayed - awaiting a look-up by staff.

Thanks, in anticipation.
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 February 12 05:38 GMT (UK) »
Yes it was the Principal Registry. Probate was granted in 1874. The named executor was a Colonel George Leckie.

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 February 12 06:07 GMT (UK) »
John Baptiste Ramsay was in the 3rd Bombay European Regiment in 1854 and by 1859 he was a Lieutenant -Colonel. London Gazette.

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 17 February 12 07:32 GMT (UK) »
Yes it was the Principal Registry. Probate was granted in 1874. The named executor was a Colonel George Leckie.

Bless you, Shaun, for your prompt response.
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline winsonsaw2003

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 06 March 17 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dilly,

I saw your enquiry about John Baptista Ramsay.May I ask are you a descendant from him?.

As I am looking for a descendant of John Macalister whose is his father-in-law.

Here what I have on the Macalister's family :-

John Macalister,Acting Resident of Malacca,Malaysia in 1814.He was born on 3rd February 1785,Scotland.His parents was Alexander Macalister of Strathaird & ? Macleod of Greshornish.He was nephew to Colonel Norman Macalister,Governor of Penang,Malaysia from(1808-1810).He married Mary Oliphant. He died in 1824,Penang,Malaysia.His issue:- i)Cecilia Elizabeth Macalister(1813-1887) in Calcutta,India.Married to Henry Horatio Walpole of Orford. ii)Anna Macalister(1813-1874) married to John Baptiste Ramsay,9th regiment of Native Infantry.Their issue:- ai)John Thomson Ramsay(1850-?) married Sarah Ann Thorpe. i)Norman Macalister(1819-?). ii)Alexander Macalister(1819-1898)married 1st Mary Keith Elphinstone-Fleming & 2nd Mary Agatha Campbell.Mary's 1st husband was Keith Brodie Macalister of Glenbarr.His issue:- ai) Katherine Elizabeth Macalister(?-1929)married Sir William Rose.Their issue:- bi)Sir Cyril Stanley Rose(1874-1915)married Laetitia Rouy.His issue:- ci)Sir Francis Cyril Stanley Rose(1909-1979)married 1stly Frederica Dorothy Violet Carrington and 2ndly Beryl Norris. aii)Mary Eugenia Macalister(1851-1911), Cannes,France married Louis Edouard Johanne Beaulieu.Their issue:- bi)Maurice Edouard Andre Jouanne Beaulieu(1874-1948). bii)Paul Louis Jouanne Beaulieu(1879-1942)married Madeleine de Colpoys. aiii)Eugenia Macalister(1855-?),Jersey Isle married 1stly Charles Vaudin and 2ndly Nandor Ferdinand Plotenyi.Their issue:- bi)Ferdinanda Marie Emilie Plotenyi(1879-?). bii)Eugene Alexandre Plotenyi(1880-?). biii)Geza Plotenyi(1881-?). biv)Guillaume Kalman Plotenyi(1883-?). bv)Antonia Plotenyi(1884-?). bvi)Illona Valerie Plotenyi(1887-?). bvii)Eugenie Eleonore Plotenyi(1890-?). iii)Donald Blackwood Macalister(1821-1822) in Penang,Malaysia. iv)David Macalister(1823-1826). v)Charlota Janeta Macalister(?-1837).

I am looking for a picture of John Macalister.

Do you have any picture of him?.

Best regards,
Winson Saw
A historian.