Author Topic: 1851 Montgomeryshire Census lookup please  (Read 4280 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Montgomeryshire Census lookup please
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 18 May 05 23:33 BST (UK) »
Glad to be of help Georgina :D  Anytime ;)

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Goronddu

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 25 September 15 20:37 BST (UK) »
Hi I live in the White House goronddu at the moment and the humphrey Lewis are on deeds at this house post 1901. The shutts lived in my neighbours house called goronddu house in green lane. Many on these houses were split into 2/3 and multiple family occupancy. I can go through deeds if helpful. Best regards andy

Offline bidston_kid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 April 23 22:16 BST (UK) »
Hello, the foregoing exchanges are interesting as I am searching my paternal Shutes, I am one too, and managed to search and photo the church baptism records last June (2022).

I believe my grandfather Edward Richard Shute was born in Llandyssil about 1871.  I say about as the church record states baptised 29 Oct 1871 but written in the same box is born 3 Sep 1871 but I cannot find anything similar from the freebmd.org website.  I found that a birth certificate which may be his is recorded for Newtown 1873 and I’ve just ordered this.

From census records he left Llandyssil with his parents Edward and Elizabeth not long after his birth for Goose Green, Wigan where his brother William Ernest was born shortly after.

Edward (father) and Edward Richard were both described as carpenters or joiners.  The latter, I believe, subsequently working at Lairds shipyard in Birkenhead (where I did eventually!).  Me Dad (also an Edward) told me very little.

I understand that my great-grandfather (Edward) married Elizabeth Richards around June 1867 according to a record for Montgomery.  Another certificate to order! 

Incidentally I am the last male in this Shute line so would love to hear from other in “the tree”.

Best wishes,  Alan Shute.

Offline bidston_kid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 11 April 23 17:49 BST (UK) »
Update:

The birth certificate I ordered hopefully for my grandfather turned out to be for another person.

That for my grandmother was correct she was born Elizabeth Toole 4 December 1876 in Birkenhead.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 11 April 23 18:09 BST (UK) »
It is likely that his birth was not registered as many were not at this time
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 11 April 23 18:13 BST (UK) »
He was baptised at Llandyssil on 29th October 1871 as Edward Richard - his birth was 3rd Septembe 1871 - parents Edward and Elizabeth (nee Richards) fathers occupation Carpenter
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bidston_kid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 11 April 23 20:35 BST (UK) »
According to the abridged 1939 census Edward R Shute claimed he was born 29 August 1871! What's a week or three amongst friends?