Author Topic: Pinnegar  (Read 7220 times)

Offline Fanflame

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Pinnegar
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 15 March 15 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Tom,

Many thanks for this information: where did you find it? I am using various sources on the Internet but couldn't find this? I can only go back to 1837 in the FreeBDM records... however I cannot afford a subscription either! This investigative hobby can prove expensive!

Fanflame
Edgeley, Edgley, Dwight, Holloway, Pinnegar, Clark

Offline tomm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 15 March 15 17:15 GMT (UK) »

Hi Fanflame

I have a sub to Ancestry, and searched for Mary in many ways until I found the info that I sent you.

I also use Curious Fox, put a post on there and I'll answer you ( Pinnegar )

Tom

Offline Fanflame

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 16 March 15 10:40 GMT (UK) »
HI Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I have never heard of Curious Fox before so I looked it up and this looks like a very useful link. Thanks for that.

I used Ancestry for about 3 months a few years ago but realised how expensive it was all going to get so reverted to the FreeBMD and FreeCEN; however not all the data is on there and these forums are a great way to fill in the gaps; and find long lost family of course!

With regards to Mary Fawcett's short marriage and life did you get any inkling whilst looking at the records why or how she died? i.e. Childbirth?? I know that sometimes when I have researched someone you get an intuition about these things and so many people died early in life in those days through illness etc.

It seems such a shame looking back that these lives are only recorded in a few lines and they are not remembered for the people they were.

Have a good day.

Fanflame

Offline tomm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 16 March 15 16:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello Fanflame

There are a lot of people who are seeking family history and they are only interested in the mother
or the father's side, having done a lot of research for them only to be told " Oh I'm only interested
my fathers side"

That's life I'm afraid !!

I give a lot of time and help on Curious Fox.............

Kind regards

Tom

Online Gary Allison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 01:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi.

I have the following Pinnegars. Any connection?

Cheers,

Gary.

PINNEGAR/HEMMING ET AL

*John Pinnegar b.c. 1690.
*Josiah Pinnegar b.c. 1721 Kings Stanley married Mary Bishop 19/8/1747 K/S.
Josiah may have married Phoebe Clark 18/12/1760 but no children found. A Josiah Pinnegar served as Apprentice to Thomas Lusty (otherwise unknown in Tetbury records) reference P328a OV 4/2 dated 21-Jun 1726.

*Thomas Pinnegar 28/1/1758 married Martha Bird
21 September 1790   Kings Stanley,Gloucester,England

*John Pinnegar chr. 16/8/1795 K/S married Sarah Webb Heaven 26/3/1820 K/S

*Julia Pinnegar  b. 1828 d. 1903 at Dursley married Joseph Hemming

*John Hemming married Hester Harris 12/2/1792 Beverstone (Dursley)

*William Hemming chr. 6/11/1796 K/S parents #John Hemming & *Hester Harris

Offline Fanflame

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 23 March 15 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gary,

Thanks for sending these through I will look further into it as my own personal records show a note from a distant family member that Nathaniel Josiah Pinnegar's parents where a Thomas and Phoebe (nee Hurcomb)...

I have no records at all on this Thomas and his wife Phoebe and eve though I see you have a Phoebe below this could not be the same person as dates are no where near what I think they should be. however they maybe related in some way. As said I have no records on them at all, no birth date, or area nothing just hearsay from family.

Thanks again.

Fanflame