Author Topic: Pinnegar  (Read 7216 times)

Offline Fanflame

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Pinnegar
« Reply #9 on: Friday 13 March 15 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Tom,

Any information you have may be of interest. and Any records you found along the way if you have the records.

Thanks

Fanflame
Edgeley, Edgley, Dwight, Holloway, Pinnegar, Clark

Offline CereUK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 13 March 15 16:54 GMT (UK) »

Marriages Sep 1868   (>99%)

Pinegar  Nathaniel    Dursley  6a 353   Scan available - click to view
Spencer  Ann     Dursley  6a 353

This is possibly your couple.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Lancashire: Wareing Swarbrick Westby Leadbetter Wright Rimmer Hosker Johnson Ball Bridge Brade Gamble Gaskell Cropper Aughton Gilbert Grundy Twist Bond Tyrer Baxtendon Brookfield Unsearth Urmstin Varey Waddington Ward Watkinson Sutton Sutch Watson Webster<br />Cumbria: Watt Park Garnett Ackerley Gilpin Todd Wappett Tuer Mounsey Fallowfield Thompson Oldcorn Tengate Storey<br />Staffordshire/Worcestershire:Oliver Booton F

Offline CereUK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 13 March 15 17:00 GMT (UK) »

Marriages Sep 1863   (>99%)

Perry  Eliza    Dursley  6a 375   Scan available - click to view
Pinegar  Nathaniel     Dursley  6a 375

It looks as if he possibly had a previous marriage before Ann.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Lancashire: Wareing Swarbrick Westby Leadbetter Wright Rimmer Hosker Johnson Ball Bridge Brade Gamble Gaskell Cropper Aughton Gilbert Grundy Twist Bond Tyrer Baxtendon Brookfield Unsearth Urmstin Varey Waddington Ward Watkinson Sutton Sutch Watson Webster<br />Cumbria: Watt Park Garnett Ackerley Gilpin Todd Wappett Tuer Mounsey Fallowfield Thompson Oldcorn Tengate Storey<br />Staffordshire/Worcestershire:Oliver Booton F

Offline tomm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 13 March 15 21:16 GMT (UK) »

Hello to you both
Fanflame and CereUK

There are three marriages, for Nathaniel,
Marriage:  Jul 1864 - Kidderminster, Worcestershire
Spouse:  Ann Reynolds, having 11 children, dating from 1863 Sarah Ann to Fanny 1886.
Marriage:  Jul 1864 - Kidderminster, Worcestershire
Spouse:  Mary Fawcett with 2 Children, dating from Mary Ann 1850 to Edward 1855.

Plus Eliza Perry in 1863. I think that the spelling of Pinnegar/Pinegar/Pineger surname has caused confusion in the transcription.
Plus,   
Nathaniel Josiah Pinnegar changed his first names around a bit, which didn't help at all.

Kind regards to you both

Tom

P.S. Fanflame If you need help just call back !!

Offline Fanflame

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 14 March 15 14:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello Tom and CereUK

Boy this is very confusing indeed...

I am descended from the marriage of Nathaniel Josiah and Ann Reynolds via his daughter Elizabeth.
That marriage was was on 22nd September 1864 in Wribbenhall, Worcestershire. I have the marriage entry records for that. Their marriage parented 11 children. Their life must have been a hard one. Nathaniel working on the railways as it expanded throughout the UK. We see by the places the children were born in that they lived in Railway huts and pubs along the way and they moved from place to place with the railways expansion.

NB: There were certainly a lot of people around at that time with the Pinnegar surname or variants of it. Confused even more by there being several Nathaniel's and Josiah's.   :-\

I realise that Nathaniel was married before his marriage to Ann (Reynolds not Spencer). As you rightly says Tom; he was married to Mary Fawcett in Kendal, Westmorland in 1846 - although I have no information on Mary Fawcett's birth or death. Just a note from an old relative that she was born and died in Kendal. I have no proof of this. That marriage parented two children: Sarah Ann (1866 Bentley) and Edward (1855 in Ulverston)

NB: It is interesting that if you look on a map at the route of where the children where born there is a definite railway line link between them and if you do it on Google maps and put them in date order the line is quite definite indeed.

What I cannot see or find out is when Mary Fawcett died and when - if he did - marry again before his marriage to Ann in 1864. ???

If, as you suggest, he married Eliza in 1863 - the timing and the place names of the marriages (Dursley) don't seem to make sense. Although there was a railway there and it is all connected down the same line. I just cannot find how Eliza fits into his life in just one or two years.

Forgive all the ramblings - I like to try and look at the person - the man - and Nathaniel Josiah Pinnegar certainly had an eventful life with his descendants many and varied and all over the country and in many other continents too I should imagine.  ;)

Fanflame
Edgeley, Edgley, Dwight, Holloway, Pinnegar, Clark

Offline giggsycat

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 14 March 15 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Forget this one! I was trying to tell you something you already had.  ::)

I believe there may still be Pinegars living in Wotton-under-Edge. At least there were some about 16 years ago.

Regards
giggsy

Offline tomm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 14 March 15 16:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi giggsy

Thank you for that, that's excellent and saves me going back over lots of notes.

Kind regards

Tom

Offline tomm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 14 March 15 16:31 GMT (UK) »
No worries, I do it all the time , Just keep up the good work.....

Tom

Offline tomm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 14 March 15 16:49 GMT (UK) »

Hello Fanflame

I have found this.......
Mary Fawcett
Birth abt 1813 in Plumpton, Cumberland, England.
Death April 1857 in Cirencester, Gloucestershire.

Tom