Author Topic: My Romani Ancestors  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Redworth

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
My Romani Ancestors
« on: Saturday 18 February 12 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Calling all Boswell, Dighton, Redworth, Scamp, Lee, Buckley, Burt, Gardiner, Heron, Loverage, or any  family connections.

This is a young project and I am seeking any Romani connections to my mother's Family Tree.  My line is through Joe Redworth c. 1854 and his wife Kate Boswell c. 1852 through to Shadrach Boswell c. 1750.

Any help or information, regarding anything to do with this tree will be gratefully appreciated. If you would like to contribute by adding your line, however connected, I will be most pleased to add it for you. Alternatively, by giving you access to build your own Branch or Tree.

Tell us what you know at http //www romani-ancestors com website not working Nov 2013 look forward to hearing from you,
rm/redworth
Mortlock. Redworth. Tiday. Sutton. Boswell. Dighton. Chapman. Lee. Scamp. Smith. Rutherford. Andrews. McBride. Eaton. Gadney. Buckley. Nelson. Norley. Kirk. Gumble. Loverage. Hewett. Delonette. Barnet.

Offline hulk360119

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: My Romani Ancestors
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 July 13 02:18 BST (UK) »
Calling all Boswell, Dighton, Redworth, Scamp, Lee, Buckley, Burt, Gardiner, Heron, Loverage, or any  family connections.

This is a young project and I am seeking any Romani connections to my mother's Family Tree.  My line is through Joe Redworth c. 1854 and his wife Kate Boswell c. 1852 through to Shadrach Boswell c. 1750.

Any help or information, regarding anything to do with this tree will be gratefully appreciated. If you would like to contribute by adding your line, however connected, I will be most pleased to add it for you. Alternatively, by giving you access to build your own Branch or Tree.

Tell us what you know at http://www.romani-ancestors.com  look forward to hearing from you,
rm/redworth
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Re: Kate BOSWELL sister of LEVI (Romany)
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 February 09 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kate Boswell was also my Great Great Grandmother

She had 6 children, one of which William Redworth was my Great Grandfather.

Which branch of her family tree does your husband decend from.

There is lots of information on other family trees on GenesReunited re this family as they were a huge and well known gypsy family in Kent.  Kates grandfather was Abel Boswell and her Grandmother Lucy Scamp.  Her Great Great Grandparents were Shadrack Boswell and Elizabeth Buckley.  Hope this helps

Sally
Report to moderator     Logged
  hulk360119
RootsChat Extra

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Re: Kate BOSWELL sister of LEVI (Romany)
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 16 May 13 17:55 BST (UK) »
Quote from: jackie65 on Sunday 18 January 09 17:17 GMT (UK)
Hi
Is there anyone who may be able to help me find any info on Kate BOSWELL - Born approx 1853 (sister of LEVI BOSWELL who was married to URANIA LEE)

The reason I am asking is Kate was my husbands Great Great Grandmother.

All I know is her father was Zacharia Boswell & mother was Justinia Dighton. ,,,, as kate married joseph redworth

Offline hulk360119

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 July 13 02:26 BST (UK) »

Tell us what you know at  look forward to hearing from you,
rm/redworth
i am gypsy ambrose dighton  i am on face book under this

Offline bernieboy59

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 June 18 00:02 BST (UK) »
Hello Ambrose

My Mum was Mary Anne Jackson, her mum was Caroline Dighton before she married. My mum was born in 1940 in a tent or trailer around Belvedere.

Her father Arthur Jackson died in a fire at the BP oil refinery on the Isle of Grain in 1952.

She had 3 brothers and a sister, Billy who died aged 5 in the workhouse, Isaiah, Sam, and Kath.

I know her granny was bed bound, lived to ninety something and smoked a clay pipe.

I used to see Lally and Lil, little Lally, Keith and Tony. Young Lally is the same age as me, and in the summer holidays, I stayed with aunty Kath, uncle Jim, little Jim and Tony Ralph, who lived close to Lally.

I also remember visiting family at Iwade, I also remember Sammy Dighton,
Nelson, Naily (spelling?) and my great aunts, Emily and Ruby, there may have been a Beatrice, they were proper Romanl gipsy women.

I just about remember my grandmother Caroline, who died when I was 4 or 5.

I'm interested finding out more about my Romani family, I can't remember much, as it was over 50 years ago when a lot of this happened.

I was slowly doing a family tree with help from my mum who knew a lot about the family, I wish I had done it a bit faster, as we sadly lost her on 5th June 2016, aged 76. Then my dad on June 14th 2017.

We have also lost aunty Kath, who was only 62, and uncle Sam, who was only 64. I only have my uncle Isaiah, who is related by blood, and he still lives in a trailer.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 25 June 18 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hello bernieboy59,

Welcome to RootsChat.

I am very sorry but you have replied to a member that we have lost contact with some time ago  :'( This member was last online in 2016, currently their emails are no longe working.

Old members do get back in contact all the time to update their profile, I hope that this members does so too.

Regards

Sarah
RootsChat
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk