Author Topic: EVISON Ann Elizabeth born Castletown c 1805  (Read 5461 times)

Offline barbatalice

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
EVISON Ann Elizabeth born Castletown c 1805
« on: Sunday 19 February 12 07:58 GMT (UK) »
Could someone please check if there is a baptism for Ann Elizabeth EVISON in Castletown c 1805
It is possible that she was baptised with the surname BANKS.

What were her parent's names?

She may have married Godfrey TATE in Lonan about 1824.

Thanks

Barb

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: EVISON Ann Elizabeth born Castletown c 1805
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 February 12 10:04 GMT (UK) »
there is an 1812 marr of Godfrey Tate to an Ann Banks - they had children - ann bur Onchan 18200927
then a 1824 marr of a Godfrey Tate to Ann Elizth Evison - they also had ch
ch from both marr can be seen in 1841 at ballamanagh in Lonan
there is a will 1825 of Isabella Evison(of Douglas)  mother of Ann wife of Godfrey who petns court - unfortuneately my copyof decree is too poor to transcribe

That of  Ann Evison als Harrison is in 1800 - d 12 Oct 1800; douglas;3 ch John townley Evison, Mary Ann Evison + Charlitte Evison jt execs - ua - their fa John sworn;pledges John Clague (innkeeper Douglas) + John Gelling (sumner ? Braddan)
(tho this somewhat contradicts the MI but these Braddan MI's were collected in 1860's not by Feltham)

there is an 1813 will of an Isabella Evison I havn't seen - a Isabella Banks m John Evison (a widower) in1803 by special lic in Michael - both were of Braddan

there is an 1818 decree Godfrey Tate - d Oct 1818;Douglas;nephew Godfrey Tate + Robert Douglas (in right of wife Jane niece to Godfrey)  jt admrs as both only next of kindred;pledges William Banks (Douglas) + Robert Fargher(Ramsey);Godfrey Tate petns - states died intestate + without lawful issue
there are 2 earlier  Evison MI's in Braddan
(look up name on www.manxnotebook.com)
however can't find any bapts in 1806 but Castletown records of this period somewhat in diassarray
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline barbatalice

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 February 12 13:14 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou so much Frances_mnb

I am now trying to sort it all out.
I think this is  how the story goes:

(Can you please see if there is a burial for Ann Elizabeth TATE nee EVISON after 1825)

There are two Ann EVISONs - Ann EVISON nee HARRISON & Ann TATE nee Ann Elizabeth EVISON
There are two BANKS women - Ann BANKS who married Godfrey TATE in 1812 and Isabella BANKS who married John EVISON widow in 1803. They may be sisters
There may be  two Godfrey TATEs (poss uncle & nephew)

Ann EVISON nee HARRISON, 1st wife of John EVISON (married Lincolnshire),  died Braddan 1799. Will 1800.

From Isabella EVISON's  will in 1825 it seems that Ann Elizabeth EVISON who married Godfrey TATE in 1824 is the daughter of Isabella EVISON nee BANKS and John EVISON who married in 1803. But we can find no baptism record. 

Isabella EVISON nee BANKS 2nd wife of John  EVISON died 1813. One will 1813.  I am perplexed about the 2nd will in 1825. Could it be that the beneficiary, Ann Eliz TATE nee EVISON, was under-age when her mother died in 1813?

Ann BANKS, possibly Isabella's sister, married a Godfrey TATE in 1812. 
Isabella's daughter (Ann's niece) married a Godfrey TATE, possibly the same Godfrey TATE. Or is Ann Elizabeth EVISON's husband Godfrey TATE the nephew of the Godfrey TATE who died in 1818?

My head is spinning.

I know that John EVISON and the three surviving children of his first marriage returned to Lincolnshire after his 2nd wife Isabella died.  John married for a 3rd time in 1815. 

I wonder why Ann Elizabeth EVISON, daughter of Isabella BANKS stayed in Isle of Man rather than going to Lincs with her father.

Is that how you see the story?

I have the earlier MIs - they are 2 sons of John EVISON's 1st marriage

Regards
Barb

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 February 12 13:25 GMT (UK) »
burial reg at www.iomfhs.im
as also index to wills - all these on Mormon microfilm
also corrected 1800 will - misread court date as death date - decree states  d 12 Dec 1799

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 February 12 23:17 GMT (UK) »
found 1813 decree - Isabella Evison als banks - d 8 jan 1813;only child Anne Evison admx - ua - gfather Wm Banks sworn guardian + admr-in-trust;pledges Thomas Cowin (onchan) + Robert Banks(Douglas);inv;accounts
the 1825 entry is petn by Godfrey Tate re decree Isabell Evison of Douglas mother of his wife Ann Tate has not yet been perfected + wishes to become admr - court agrees [see decree 1813]

Offline barbatalice

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 February 12 00:02 GMT (UK) »
You are a star Frances_mnb

Now I know the names of  Ann TATE nee EVISON's parents. And she is a distant family member.
Our line of the EVISON family now lives in Australia

As a Manx guru, could you suggest why Ann stayed on the Isle of Man with her mother's family after her mother died rather than go to Lincs with her father and three half-siblings?

And one last question about the will summaries:
I found the  summary for Ann  EVISON nee HARRISON's will online  at  www.isle-of-man.com/manxnotebook/famhist/willsum
But I can't find either of Isabella EVISON's will entries ( 1813 or 1825)
Can you tell me where you found them

Thanks

Barb

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 21 February 12 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Can you tell me where you found them
on a microfilm (almost unreadable in sections being grey on grey) in Manx museum on Monday - Manxnotebook if you hadn't realised is my site - these films can be borrowed via any LDS FHC - film nos are given in index at www.iomfhs.im
Maybe she had become attached to her grandfather ? -

Offline barbatalice

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 21 February 12 10:23 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again

I must be a bit slow on two counts:
I didn't know you were the author of manxnotebook -  great site by the way
I have never been to a LDS FHC but have just found one "around the corner"

Barb

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 21 February 12 10:37 GMT (UK) »
As a Manx guru, could you suggest why Ann stayed on the Isle of Man with her mother's family after her mother died rather than go to Lincs with her father and three half-siblings?

Because the Isle of Man is a beautiful place to live! ;D

Kevin
Former comeover, now expat.
Married to a Manxie!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)