Author Topic: *Lookup required* Lisnaskea COI Church Marriage  (Read 8106 times)

Offline Rustyscupp

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
*Lookup required* Lisnaskea COI Church Marriage
« on: Wednesday 22 February 12 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Is anyone able to do a look-up for me from Lisnaskea COI Church Registers?

Looking for a marriage Between Edward Gardiner & Anne Hall about 1820-1827, need all possible details if it's there.

Regards

Rusty

Also: any other Gardiner (or variant) marriages if anyone comes across any, at the same church/time period. Thanks
Fermanagh, N.Ireland. Gardiner, Bryans, Clingan, Fawcett, Downey, Armstrong and any marriages into Gardiner or Bryans (incl Variants of all names).
Gardiner in Victoria, Australia.
Ireland names in Lanarkshire & Midlothian, Scotland.
Gray & Jamieson Names in Unst Shetland Is.

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: *Lookup required* Lisnaskea COI Church Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Rusty,

I'll have a look for you in the next few days.

Elwyn
Elwyn

Offline Rustyscupp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Elwyn,

One of my remaining brick walls.

Rusty
Fermanagh, N.Ireland. Gardiner, Bryans, Clingan, Fawcett, Downey, Armstrong and any marriages into Gardiner or Bryans (incl Variants of all names).

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 February 12 12:53 GMT (UK) »
found a William Gardiner son of a Edward married a Mary Bogue in 16.5.1853

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nirfer/lisnaskea_mar.htm

Offline Rustyscupp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 25 February 12 18:45 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Rathmore,

I have had this info, along with most of the other freely available info like this from all internet sources. However no info is available on the internet for specific Marriages from Lisnaskea COI for the early 1800ish to 1845ish. Although some people have posted some info from these dates of members of their own family that they have researched.

I have a huge database of all Gardiner (& variants) for all of Fermanagh as well as parts of Tyrone, Cavan & other surrounding counties.

The marriage you have quoted, were married in Lisnaskea Registry office, the children are listed as being born at Bunasnagaple (Brookborough) & Brookborough. They are already in my database and are unlinked to my family. Interesting thing is, this is one of the several I have, that as yet have not been able to fit into a definite family grouping.

There are a couple of family groups I have living around Brookborough, Fivemile town and further north into Tyrone. but I do not at the minute believe he fits into my family yet. But as brick walls come down or more info comes to light, who knows.

But thanks for the response, sometimes things are noticed that I may have missed, so always gratefull for any feedback.

Rusty

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 February 12 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Rusty,

Lisnaskea COI marriages are on MIC583/2 at PRONI. I went through them from 1816 to 1830 but did not find a marriage for Edward Gardiner to Anne Hall.

I did see a marriage for Archibald Gardner to Anne Clarke, both of that parish, married in Lisnaskea church 5th April 1824. Witnesses James Graydon & James Nare (?).

Also Robert Gardner of Gillough in the parish of Aghavea married Catherine Fee (?) of Kinmore in Aghalurcher, married by licence in Lisnaskea church December 10th 1826. Witnesses Mable Keanan (?) & John (illegible).

Also James Whitely of Aghavea and Margaret Gardner of this parish were married in this church by licence 10th Jan 1820 by me A. Hurst. Witnesses James Graydon & James Nare/Nase.

I took photocopies of the first two marriages. If you want them, send me a pm with your postal address, and I’ll send them to you.

Elwyn
Elwyn

Offline michiemv

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 02 March 15 08:30 GMT (UK) »
Dear Elwyn,

RE: the COI Marriage Certificate for Archibald Gardiner and Ann Clark

I have been trying to get through my brick wall for my 3rd great grandparents Archibald Gardiner (later spelled Gardner) and Ann Clark.  My 2nd Great Grandfather James Archibald Gardner was born in July 1828 in Lisnaskea area.  I have seen his Baptismal Certificate and it says Church of Ireland.  On his Death Certificate which I have from New York City his parents are listed as Ann Clark and Archibald Gardner and I am wondering if the marriage record that you found for Archibald Gardner and Ann Clark could be theirs.

According to New York City Census records James Archibald Gardiner my 2nd Great Grandfather arrived in New York City in about 1850 from Ireland and as far  as I know he was in New York by himself.  I noticed that some people on Ancestry.com had an Ann Clark and Archibald Gardiner on their family trees also from County Fermanagh.  Their Ann Clark and Archibald Gardiner as well as many of their children had immigrated to Ontario.  I am trying to figure out if these same people are my James Archibald Gardiner's parents or not.  Right now any leads I can find would really help.  I am new on this board and have not messaged anyone yet.

Thanks in advance,
Michie

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 02 March 15 09:52 GMT (UK) »
The date of the marriage and the date and location of your ancestor’s birth seem to fit pretty well. Dou you know anything else about him or his parents that could enable a further comparison. Did he have any siblings? If so do their names and ages match any other baptisms in the church register? Do you know the father’s occupation? It might be possible to locate his death if he died after 1864 (or even before as the Church of Ireland kept burial records).

You may need to go to PRONI to study the registers or, if you can’t do that, pay a researcher to do it.
Elwyn

Offline michiemv

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 02 March 15 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Elwyn,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I really do not know too much except for the year of his baptism and the location and his parents names.  I will investigate PRONI.  I live in New York City and am new to PRONI but can probably still do some further digging online.  I am also trying to get in touch with other descendants here in America and see if anyone else has any other information.  I do have photographs of James Archibald Gardner and his wife Marcella O'Neil who he married here in New York.  I know that James Archibald Gardner was listed in the New York City Censuses of 1860 and 1860 as a "Carman" which I guess was some kind of Carriage Driver or delivery person.

He arrived in New York City around 1850.

Thanks again,
Michie