Author Topic: Millgate/Milgate grave look-up  (Read 1048 times)

Offline MattH

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Millgate/Milgate grave look-up
« on: Saturday 25 February 12 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I am trying to find the graves of a couple of my ancestors who were part of the Millgate/Milgate family. The individuals are:

-Jeremiah Millgate: born 27 March 1796 in Leysdown (Sheppey), died November 1865 in Faversham. I believe that was his final known town of residence as well.

-Ann [Izzard] Millgate (nee Reader): husband of Jeremiah, born 30 May 1797 in Boughton-under-blean, died 26 December 1875 in Faversham. I also believe that was her final known residence. Her middle name is in brackets because I have not seen it used with consistency on official records and do not believe it would have been placed on a marker.

I currently do not own any of the death certificates. They were also members of the LDS Church at the time of their death, which may help identifying whether they were buried in a Church-owned plot or not.

I'm also wanting to know more about a place called Wilton Cottage Bank. It should be located near Faversham. I have a direct ancestor who was married there in 1869.

Thank you very much!

Offline HulloSailor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Millgate/Milgate grave look-up
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 July 16 07:10 BST (UK) »
My mother was a Milgate although we have to go back to William Milgate (1696-1772) to find a common ancestor with Jeremiah. Jeremiah (1796-1865) was married to Ann Reader 1797-1875. My information is that Jeremiah is buried in East Church, Isle of Sheppy. I have no information on Ann's burial