Author Topic: Galashiels cemetery lookup offer  (Read 14080 times)

Offline apanderson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Galashiels cemetery lookup offer
« Reply #18 on: Friday 07 February 14 16:34 GMT (UK) »
I realise that this is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone may be able to assist.

Herbert Russell Purvis Adam, age 27, son of Robert Purvis Adam (drysalter) & Isabella Thomson Wallace, Galashiels, was killed in a road traffic accident in Stirling around 20th/21st April 1920.

He and his brother James were living in Denny (Stirlingshire) at the time and Herbert was employed in the Carrongrove Paper Mill there.

I have a newspaper clipping which says the funeral took place from his father's house, 'The Elms' Galashiels, but it doesn't say to which cemetery.

I would love a photo of his grave to add to an update to the Denny & Dunipace WW1 Roll of Honour which I have been working on. (Herbert is listed in the original D & D RoH and on Carrongrove Paper Mill's 'Those Who Served' memorial.) He served with the Cameronians (Scottish Rifles).

Anne

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.