Author Topic: Welsh Parish Records on FindMyPast  (Read 7426 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Welsh Parish Records on FindMyPast
« on: Sunday 04 March 12 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

In case you've not picked this up, indexed parish records and the associated  images for Cardiganshire, Carmarthenshire, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Glamorganshire are online on FindMyPast. The other counties will be added 'soon'

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/content/welsh-collection/about

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/content/welsh-collection/parish-registers

I'm having a lovely time  :D

gnu
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Darris

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Welsh Parish Records on FindMyPast
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 July 15 21:35 BST (UK) »
Many parish records are not included on Findmypast although they exist. A few parishes refused to allow their records to be digitized, others were missed completely or portions skipped. There are gaps in what has been indexed and published for a variety of reasons. In some cases you may be able to use the indexes produced by the local family history societies to overcome the shortages.

The bottom line is that if you don't find the christening, marriage or burial record you need on Findmypast's parish register pages don't accept that as the final answer. There are other places to look.

Offline Wireman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 05 February 16 15:44 GMT (UK) »
The bottom line is that if you don't find the christening, marriage or burial record you need on Findmypast's parish register pages don't accept that as the final answer. There are other places to look. (**Full quote edited**)

Although an old posting your suggestion above is a timely one for me!

I assumed that the parish records on Findmypast were complete and have spent hours and hours searching for the marriage of a Riceus Robt Owen (birth year 1632 at Mallwyd) so far without success.

To further my quest I have just ordered some microfiche records for Mallwyd church from a Family History Society so hopefully I might get lucky.

Offline octavio60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 October 16 17:26 BST (UK) »
Many parish records are not included on Findmypast although they exist. A few parishes refused to allow their records to be digitized, others were missed completely or portions skipped. There are gaps in what has been indexed and published for a variety of reasons. In some cases you may be able to use the indexes produced by the local family history societies to overcome the shortages.

The bottom line is that if you don't find the christening, marriage or burial record you need on Findmypast's parish register pages don't accept that as the final answer. There are other places to look.

There doesn't seem to be anything for Swansea.... :(

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 October 16 17:31 BST (UK) »

There doesn't seem to be anything for Swansea.... :(

There seem to be quite a lot on  quick test search. How are you searching? 
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***