Author Topic: Rozier of Needham Market  (Read 10655 times)

Offline denrosh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rozier of Needham Market
« on: Monday 05 March 12 17:58 GMT (UK) »
I am hoping that there would be some earlier Rosiers/Roziers in Needham Market - I have William born 1788 and Henry born 1800 but no parents.

Can anyone give me help please. Thanks.

Offline Keziah2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Rozier of Needham Market
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 March 12 07:22 GMT (UK) »
Suffolk Burial Index records:

(son) ROSIOR buried 20 Jan 1822 son of William (gardener) & Sarah - Needham Market Independent/Congregational.

That is the earliest burial I could find in Needham Mkt on the Index but it does tend to indicate that they at least were not CofE. 

If you get back further there are Rosier burials dating back to between 1622-1725 in nearby Barking, St Mary & in Combs early 1700s.

The Index does not cover all of the parishes in Suffolk so this can only be a guide.

Keziah

Offline Hephzibah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 March 12 14:58 GMT (UK) »
In 1662 Rev. John Fairfax was ejected from the Parish Church at Barking for refusing to conform to the Act of Uniformity. Following release from  imprisonment in 1672 he  ministered to dissenters and held services in the house or property of Margaret Rozer of Needham Market.
The dissenters then went on to establish an Independent Church, later the 'United Reform' in Needham.

Hephzibah
PENDAL & variants: Suffolk; Bardwell, Tannington, Weybread, Dennington & Worlingworth
ELLINOR: Suffolk; Redgrave/ Gislingham.
GRAYSTON: Suffolk; Ipswich.
GIRLING: Suffolk; Stradbroke/Ipswich
HAWES: Suffolk; Harkstead/Holbrook/Capel St Mary/Ipswich
BECK: Co Durham; Chopwell & Northumberland; Newcastle upon Tyne.
MILLER: Cumberland; Mawbray/Hayrigg/ Silloth.
FAIRLAM: Co Durham; Allendale Cottages, Low Westwood, Milkwell Burn.
WESTGARTH: Co Durham; Bishop Auckland

Offline denrosh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 March 12 18:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to Keziah2 and Hephzibah for the information. Will have to visit gateacre Road another day to look a little further. Best wishes

Offline alisonlbutler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 March 12 19:48 GMT (UK) »
i also have Henry Rosier born 1800 in Needham, I have him married to Louisa Lucy Parker, a son called John born 1827 who then had a daughter harriet Eliza born 1857, Is this the same people?

Offline clarity37

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 April 12 19:47 BST (UK) »
Hi all

Henry Rozier, born 1800 was my 3 x great grandfather, married to Lucy Parker. I have no record of his baptism or parents and would love to be able to go back further. I have lots of info relating to his descendants. If anyone can enlighten me i'd be very happy :D and  willing to share my info.

Kind regards
Rozier:Needham Market
Prime:Needham Market/Creeting
Beaumont:Rattlesden/Battisford/Little Finborough
Goodwin: Elmswell/Great Ashfield
Fulcher:Norwich
Cooper: Battisford/Combs
Williams: Buxhall/Battisford/Little Finborough

Offline steg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 11 December 12 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello All,

I have kept an eye out for Henry's baptism over many years of research of Parish Registers (C of E and Independents) but to no avail. I am inclined to think that he might well be son of John Rosier and Sarah Borley who married 4/3/1784 in Creeting St Mary. John was buried Needham Market Independent 3/4/1840 and Sarah widow of John, labourer 12/7/1852 aged 89 there also. Henry and Lucy named their first son John and first (baptised 14/4/1832 buried 20/4) and second daughters Sarah. In those days Creeting St Mary parish extended into what present day is part of Needham Market. There also was a marriage of a Henry Rosher of Creeting St Mary to Ann Bugg of Creeting All Saints in Creeting All Saints 28/2/1797 but no Henry baptism. The Independent (Congregational) Church records begin later than 1800 which is a nuisance but Henry could well have been baptised there- as too Lucy Parker. Speculation I know but it is at least something to be noted. Thought I had found Lucy's baptism in Baylham d/o Edward and Lucy (Garrard) baptised 4/8/1804, the year of which fit nicely with her age at death. However there are children of a Lucy Parker there- William 14/3/1827 and Emma 2/11/1828. Given that Henry and Lucy married in Darmsden 12/6/1826 why no mention of Henry- unless this Lucy is another Lucy Parker? Thoughts?

Offline baloo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 30 January 14 20:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I have ROZIER'S in my family tree, they are my maternal ancestors. I have a WILLIAM ROZIER, b, 1825 my GG Grandfather, married  MARIA BROWN, b c1814. They had 5 children. WILLIAM HENRY, ALFRED EDWARD, FREDERICK, HARRIET AGNES and CLARA LOUISA.

WILLIAM'S father was WILLIAM ROZIER b 1788, his father was HENRY ROZIER b 1759.

Hope this is of help.

Regards

Baloo
hastings,east sussex

Offline denrosh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 31 January 14 18:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Baloo for the Rozier details. I have some of it but it does confirm I'm on the right track.
William born 1788 was married to Sarah Cook chris 1784 in Barking - her parents may have been Robert Cook and Sarah.
Best wishes