Author Topic: HART, R and Young, B - Wangaratta Victoria  (Read 9573 times)

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Warnock and Annie Balcombe
    • View Profile
Re: HART, R and Young, B - Wangaratta Victoria
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 10 March 12 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am just going to add to the confusion. I have looked at this family of Steve Hart's previously as oral history from Granya Victoria has it that the kelly gang, including the Hart's came to Granya to visit cousins of the Hart's who lived there.
I was skeptical of this and believe that Richard Thomas Hart, born 1836 in Cornwall, died 1902 in Granya, who married maria Macklin [a distant relative of mine] was not related to the Hart's from Greta Vic.
I wonder if there is any possibility that your Richard Hart was not Irish after all, has anyone found his arrival in Australia?
mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.

Offline Jenny C

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 13 March 12 05:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jamison,

Adding another element to the mix ... Bridget HART was buried on 25 August 1898 in Roman Catholic section 1 grave 430S of Wangaratta cemetery.
Also in this grave is Rachel LLOYD buried 16th September 1958. She was a resident of Henty, NSW & her death registration there gives her parents as Richard and Badelia. (reg. no. 24573/1958    LLOYD    RACHEL    RICHARD    BADELIA    HENTY).
Records are incomplete but there may have been another burial (un-named person & no age given) recorded 23rd May 1897 in this grave. This is possibly the burial of Richard recorded perhaps when the grave was paid for.
Headstone only records Rachel. Note discrepancy in age at death.
LLOYD, RACHAEL.~ Age 98 YEARS; Died 13/09/1958; Buried 16/09/1958; Resided at HENTY; Section R.C.; Plot 430 S.
RACHAEL LLOYD DIED 13TH SEPTEMBER
1958 AGED 87YRS.

There is a report of Rachel's (and her sister Agnes) weddings here:
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article70803028
Doesn't give you anything on Richard's forebears but at least it situates him in Wangaratta and more precisely as the Greta based family.

Best wishes,

Jenny
www.jcch.com.au

Offline mum mum

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Robert Warnock and Annie Balcombe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 13 March 12 07:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Any information on whether Richard Hart could read and write, was he Catholic also?
Richard harding, alias Hart who arrived on the Lady McNoughten looks very likely as has been suggested by family members.
His place of birth is given as Dublin on Agnes's birth certificate from 1872, if he was Catholic and literate it would seem likely to be him. His age must be wrong though.
mum mum
Balcombe, Sussex. Warnes, Norfolk and Australia. Hansen, Denmark and Canada. Williams, Canada. Warnock, Forsythe, Joyce, Sayers, in Ireland.

Offline jamison

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 13 March 12 08:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chatters

Thanks for all your posts.

I have not had much time, of late, to go through them in great detail.

I will take a look at the weekend.

Kindest regards

Jamison 

Offline May Hem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 13 March 12 09:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jamison

This family is not related to the MAH and your Ellen Mary Hart family as blood relations. There are however strong close friendship ties, especially with descendants of the Patrick Hart family and the Rachel Hart ( daughter of Richard Hart and Bridget Young)m. Tom Lloyd families, which persist to this day.  As a distant relative to you, this is a dialogue I would like to continue with you off site.
As a famous close knit family in Australian folklore, the Richard Hart m. Bridget Young family descent records are complete, other than the issue of determining whether Richard, Nicholas and Ann Hart are siblings, hence the 'rubbery' comment. The group family are making great endeavours to discover this fact. Hence my suggestion for super sleuths to help with that particular problem.....

regards
Mayhem

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 13 March 12 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jamison

This family is not related to the MAH and your Ellen Mary Hart family as blood relations. There are however strong close friendship ties, especially with descendants of the Patrick Hart family and the Rachel Hart ( daughter of Richard Hart and Bridget Young)m. Tom Lloyd families, which persist to this day.  As a distant relative to you, this is a dialogue I would like to continue with you off site.
As a famous close knit family in Australian folklore, the Richard Hart m. Bridget Young family descent records are complete, other than the issue of determining whether Richard, Nicholas and Ann Hart are siblings, hence the 'rubbery' comment. The group family are making great endeavours to discover this fact. Hence my suggestion for super sleuths to help with that particular problem.....

Hi Mayhem,

You could always start your own thread  :) asking for super sleuths to help you determine if Richard, Nicolas and Ann Hart are siblings... and include brief summary of what you know, what you suspect and what you would like the super sleuths to search for, to confirm/eliminate or leave in that rubbery state....  ;)  Also, if you decide to start your own thread, please include a link to this thread started by Jamison.  Then Jamison could complete this thread.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline May Hem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 13 March 12 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi JM

Thank you for your suggestions - they are sound advice.
However this family is not central to my family research, I have enough unresolved issues in the Hart/Corcoran research to complete!
I have established that particular mutual ancestor family of Jamison and me/mine is not related to the Hart/Young family with which I have lately had a lot of personal contact to confirm.   So I will be an interested observer only.
I did think though it would be a challenge for a super sleuth like you, and the other recent sleuths.......

best regards
Mayhem

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 13 March 12 10:09 GMT (UK) »
OK  ;D, Good Luck with your searching  ;)

I am very NSW Centric, so I am not at all familiar with Vic BDM records.... sorry, I am not much of a sleuth at all  :D ...

For the benefit of those following this thread, or coming across it in the future, it seems to me that it was started as a result of a post (reply #42) on another of Jamison's threads:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,556870.0.html

The particular post reads :

"Reply #42 on: Monday 05 March 12 13:31 GMT (UK) »
~~~~~~~~
 Hi May Hem
I am happy to have both in the family tree - Convicts and a blood relative of a Bushranger. No shame here in the 21st Century !!!  Only when you have time to look it up - Owens !!! Keep in touch -
and l will start looking for Richard`s family etc...
Regards Jamison"

Cheers, JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline May Hem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 16 March 12 21:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi mum mum

We have a Patrick Hart, b.1824, m. 1853 in Victoria Margaret Corcoran/Corking b.1828, whose mother was Margaret Macklin.
We have problems tracing marriage and family details of this couple. Maybe a long shot but any connection to your distant relative?

regards
May Hem