Author Topic: Jeen Stewart of Arnygag plus Wardens  (Read 5555 times)

Offline Ankaret

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jeen Stewart of Arnygag plus Wardens
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 March 12 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Oh thats interesting Skoosh.  Thanks.  That will keep me busy a few hours. Its like a big jigsaw puzzle. A.

Offline Cambron

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 March 12 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Not quite sure why you can't find Robert Stewart's will on ScotlandsPeople.If you use the free search facility for wills and testaments and enter his name and Dunkeld Commissariot he comes up in 1718 and 1721.
I had a look for Arnagage or Arnaguay but it looks as if it ceased as a standalone farm quite early.However thanks to Skoosh's input it was clearly near to Dunkeld.Haughend still exists and significantly the Red Book refers to a transaction for Fungorth by the family.This also still exists and is about one mile east of Dunkeld next to Haughend so I reckon Arnagage was about there.
Makes sense as the Duke's Factor for that area would need to be near the Duke at Dunkeld House. :)

Offline Ankaret

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 22 March 12 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks .. as usual you are working on a different and higher plain to me. I have re read my messages and feel the right novice. Ive just downloaded the "will".....reading it is the next challenge.

Im thinking when I do get on site near Dunkeld, the geographical help you have given will guide me in.

Alyth history project have offered today to gather a lot of detail about the Wardens for me to view when visiting. The Wardens donated a bell for the community. It will all make sense when I get up there.

Good work and web site finding Cambron and Skoosh.     Ankaret.