Author Topic: Deaths-Paisley - Nairn  (Read 7517 times)

Offline Rustor

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Deaths-Paisley - Nairn
« Reply #18 on: Friday 01 July 05 13:24 BST (UK) »
Myrna,
Have placed an enquiry on Ayrshire page under Nairn, Nern, Iron,Stewarton.
Post  replies from there!?

Rustor. :-\

Offline robbierumbos

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 14 January 09 10:39 GMT (UK) »
Myrna,
Looks like we share a relative.  My GtGt GtGradfather was William Steven Watson born 13 May 1835 to Alexander Watson and Janet Robertson.  He moved to Australia and married Margaret Hastings in Tumut.

Do we share any further links?

Rob S

Offline Rustor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 14 January 09 10:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rob,
Your line appears as part of my research into Nairn surname, familes originating Stewarton, Ayrshire. You can view on www.rootsweb.com.
Family search database "Warmoss".
Have as yet been unable to positively add to my own lineage.
regards Rustor [not Myrna] ;D

Offline buddy7165

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 21 January 09 01:18 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried a website called scotlandspeople.gov.uk.  I got a lot of information on my family from Paisley on it.

Offline Rustor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 21 January 09 06:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Thank you for the thought, have found this site to be very useful also
regards Rustor :)

Offline Moffitt77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 12:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Rustor

I have Cuthbert Nairn ..Farmer of Blockhillhead , Stewarton  Ayr.....bn 1719
Married Jean Robertson.  They are buried Stewarton Cemetery..  Sons Cuthbert, Robert and John, had a headstone erected for their mother and father..also Janet, James and Janet
(Jean)  siblings.

Cuthbert  Snr (son of above Cuthbert)  bn about 1751..died 1844 Stewarton . Married Janet Dunlop    I have a bit of information on him and on Cuthbert jnr  (his son) 1802-1889
Bur Mouchline Ayr...married Elizabeth Kerr

I have quite a few Nairn records (..so many Cuthberts,  they get fairly confusing .).. hav,nt managed to tie them in with my own Nairn family even though they appear to all be from Stewarton.

Regards
Myrna Swanger

Cuthbert Nairn, b1719, of Bloak, did have a son called Cuthbert. He was born in 1759, and he married Janet Dunlop. The Cuthbert who was born in 1752 is in my Nairn line, ie the one farming at Rigghead and descended from Robert, c1708. There were three Nairn farms near each other, the two already mentioned and the third at Mosside. I have been told that the Mauchline Nairns are the Moss ones.

My correspondent claimed that he and his Mauchline family had a direct line though Cuthberts back to about 1700. He, like us, has been trying to link the lines. In 1980 a fellow researcher visited the Nairns still resdident at Bloakhillhead after 250 years. Their discussion led them to believe that the Robert and Cuthbert lines had separated about one or two generations before 1700,

We  think it possible, now, that we have a DNA link which will connect the families. We must wait and see.

I admire Rustor's work and there are a couple of little things I would like to discuss with her. I need to refresh myself before doing so!!!! It is so easy to get muddled. One of those early Cuthberts called himself Robert on his marriage certificate, just making things worse.