Author Topic: Would like info on Alberta Allen - Darlington, Houghton Road Brewery if possible  (Read 3734 times)

Offline Gail3169

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi Suz, thanks for that info, i checked it out and ordered the death cert and yep its definatly her. xx
Alberta and Henry had, to my knowledge 4 children - Frank Allen , my grandad, born Mar 1906 in Liverpool, Kathleen born sept 1910 in Norwich, Gordon born 1917 in Hatfield and Horace who i havn't come across yet ! I have the birth certs for the 3 children. Alberta and Henry are named on all of them. Using the certificates can i find out any more info on Alberta like her parents or where she was born etc ?  I now have a rough idea of the year she was born, 1876, but no idea where ?As you can see they moved about a fair bit.

Thank you to every body else who came back to me with suggestions, i'm working my way through them. 

Offline icebreaker1991

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Would like info on Alberta Allen - Darlington, Houghton Road Brewery if possible
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 11:44 BST (UK) »
We have just been excavating on our land to build an extension and have found part of a bottle from the haughton road brewery. any interest.

Online Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Would like info on Alberta Allen - Darlington, Houghton Road Brewery if possible
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 13:31 BST (UK) »
Tree on Anc has Alberta’s husband as Henry Louis Allen, already married and wife dies 1929 after Alberta’s death. Probate lists her as wife of Henry Lewis Allen.
Tree is WINDIBANK